logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pjarbo  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 2:57:31 AM(UTC)
pjarbo

Groups: Registered

Hi!

I need some help with troubleshooting a decklink duo.

My system is a win7 pro 64bit vMix 2011 6.0.0.4, two Intensity Pros and one Decklink Duo. The intensity pros works great, the decklink duo wont give me anything. I'm using three JVC GY HD251 cameras and unfortunately I can't verify the SDI signal from them since I have no SDI monitors or anything else SDI.

Any hints on how to proceed?

Petter
tony marone  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 7:28:18 AM(UTC)
tony marone

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Petter,

I have a system that uses both decklink duos and intensity pros like you. My problems were mainly with the intensity cards getting a proper HDMI signal into them from another computer. The decklink duos have been very easy for me maybe because I am using Blackmagic component to SDI converters with my Canon XH-A1 cameras.

It seems that your problem may be that you do not have the card set for the proper signal that your camera is providing.

You can test the decklink duo to prove that it is working properly. Since it is acting like 2 decklink cards, you can use one of the cards as an output and the other as an input.
Just set up your External Output to drive the output of your first Decklink. Next, connect a BNC from its output to the input of your second Decklink. Then add an input using this second Decklink as the source. Start the External Output. When you play back a video file and put it on the program buss, you should see it on the Input you have set up with the second Decklink. If you remove the BNC, this Input should go blank.

Some things to keep in mind when doing this test:

The settings for output and input must match precisely, anything less and you will get a black screen just like with your JVC cameras.

The Decklinks can be used as an input or an output, but not both at the same time.

Let us know how you get this worked out.

Hope this helps,
Tony
thanks 1 user thanked tony marone for this useful post.
pjarbo on 5/5/2011(UTC)
pjarbo  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2011 4:39:16 AM(UTC)
pjarbo

Thank you Tony!

I went back, dotted the i's and crossed the t's and got a picture.

I choose 1280x720 in 50p input resolution and of course the SDI input. Worked like a charm.

The cameras (JVC GY-HD251) had SDI out activated and 720p for resolution.

Should've known that a digital signal would be a lot more sensitive to that kind of mistakes.

Still have some trouble with the length of our cables, but that is a different story altogether :)

Thank you!
//Petter