logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aircooled76@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 6:28:42 AM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Guys,

I was streaming some Ultimate over the weekend with a new setup. I noticed this "colour ghosting" when playing the replays back at slow speeds.

If I click through the timeline the freeze frames are OK, If I play it slow I get the ghosting and if I pause it during the playback you can see the ghosting.

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gNhc2jP6ProHU21PruUO84gI2dlYZPE6/view?usp=sharing[/img]

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wYGy3rw_zQLN16fhfJvZBM_d0TSzyK71/view?usp=sharing[/img]

Looks like the red and blue fields is out of sync with the other green/ sync?

I amusing XHA1 into a BlackMagic Component to SDI converter, then into a Yuan High Tech capture card. I was running two cameras and they both had this effect to some extent.

I have tried the Blend, Discard and None settings in the Decoder settings, but no change. I have tried playing the replay recordings in VLC directly and it looks OK until I deinterlace the footage, linier deinterlace was bad. Tried to play back the video on a separate computer in VLC and no problems until linear deinterlace. So it seems to be a deinterlacing problem somewhere.

Has anyone seen this before, any suggestions on how I can fix it or test it further?

cheers

Mike
File Attachment(s):
vMix Capture interlacing playback problem 2 07 April 2018 21-04-31.png (3,119kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
vMix Capture interlacing playback problem 07 April 2018 21-04-31.png (3,594kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Ittaidv  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:52:56 AM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
It's your converter. We started out with the xha1, and could never find a component to sdi converter that actually worked, all showed this ghosting effect. I think this is due to the HDV resolution, which is 1440x1080, where your converter wants to use square pixels on some channels. At least, that's how it looked to me.

The good news is that you can capture component straight into the computer using a blackmagic decklink card. We used component cables up to 150 meters sucessfuly, provided they were properly shielded, so no need for sdi.
Our XHA1's are now out of business, since the ccd's are worn out, but even today this is a super camera for live streaming, especially because it has so many options for color tweaking.
aircooled76@gmail.com  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:35:41 PM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Man
Australia

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think the converters are the issue. We have used the converters with a different PC / Decklink capture cards and have not ever had this colour field problem on other productions. I will re-test.

The component output from the XHA1 is straight from the CCDs, uncompressed so nothing to do with HDV. Ill try a few different setups this arvo and post my results.
aircooled76@gmail.com  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 12:21:54 AM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Man
Australia

Originally Posted by: aircooled76@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your reply.

I don't think the converters are the issue. We have used the converters with a different PC / Decklink capture cards and have not ever had this colour field problem on other productions. I will re-test.

The component output from the XHA1 is straight from the CCDs, uncompressed so nothing to do with HDV. Ill try a few different setups this arvo and post my results.

OK We got this solved, it was a setting in software called "GraphPro" that had an option to enable "native YUV422 capture" that fixed the problem (go this from Yuan High Tech support) All working now no ghosting!