logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
marty45714  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 11:42:15 AM(UTC)
marty45714

Groups: Registered

Hi, I'm evaluating Vmix, considering switching from Xsplit Broadcaster.

There is one thing I cannot figure out. Once I set up an input, such as a camera, and I specify an audio source, I can't figure out how to change that audio source without removing and re-creating the input.

Steps: Click Add Input, select Camera, Choose an Audio Device from the drop down list.

Now, once the input is created, move to the input you just created, click settings (wheel cog). From the General tab, click Audio settings.

This is where I get stuck. I cannot figure out where in these audio settings I can change the audio source that I picked when I initially set up the input. How do I change it to a different audio source, or to "none"?
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:50:42 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
You need to click Change (in the coq wheel settings), reselect the Camera, and then specify the new audio source. While doing that the Camera will be temporarily suspended.

Note that in recent versions of vMix it is for Camera Inputs adviced to only use the audio source that comes from that specifica camera. If you want to use another audio source, the proper method is to add an Audio Input and for it select the desired audio source. That source can in a similar fashion be changed via the Change button for Audio Inputs