logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kozaka  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 9:56:14 AM(UTC)
kozaka

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It was very hard to find out and add a stream delay in vMix. I searched long time to get the info, that an input, called "Video delay" must be added and over this I can set a delay to the stream!

It would be a way more easier, if in the Stream settings page we would like just to have an option to set a delay.

And also for many e-sport cups to be able to stream, a delay is needed. Most likely it is between 4 and 10 Minutes. And the maximum 2 minutes what vMix now allows in many times just not enough.

Can you please extend it to...like unlimited? Or at least 30 minutes? Also it would be nice, if we could have an text box to be able just to enter a number in seconds or in minutes. Probably it really does not matter that you want tho have a 27 or 281 second delay.
kozaka  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 9:58:44 AM(UTC)
kozaka

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
As a fast fix, can you maybe release one new version which allow to set the time higher than 10 Minutes? It would be very great, as I will have a cup next week, and because of this disability of vMix, I have to use OBS again...which is a terrible tool if you want to stream in very high quality.

Thank you!
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 11:42:29 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ kozaka

I think perhaps you have misinterpreted the "Video Delay" Input purpose. It is not meant to be a Broadcast Delay feature, in fact vMix does not have such a feature. The closest thing would be to send the Instant Replay playback via NDI to another device for streaming.
Doing anything within vMix currently would lead to a video loop.
As such, your request is valid in terms of adding a "Broadcast Delay" Feature, but I'm not so sure it will be that easy to implement without impacting other features like the MultiCorder and Instant Replay (which already impact one another).

Ice
rowby  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2018 9:02:45 PM(UTC)
rowby

Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
If anything this would be a great service for a 3rd party system such as Restream.io to add to their services

I’m sure they woukd love to get more into the sports market.

If would be worth contacting them to make that suggestion. They seem like approachable to new ideas.