logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MLRHEurope  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2013 11:45:40 PM(UTC)
MLRHEurope

Groups: Registered

Hello people,

I broadcast roller hockey games using Wirecast and it's all going okay, but I came across vMix and thought I'd give it a go with a view of trialling it at my next tournament in two weeks time.

I've tested successfully with video I have from previous tournaments and the webcam is working fine, too... the problem arises when I try to use my Panasonic camcorder via my Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 gadget.

Audio comes through but not video. I have no problems whatsoever with the Shuttle using Wirecast. I can stream for hours on end without a problem.

I'm on Day 1 of my 60 day trial and I have to say I am impressed. I'm loving the time delay feature, I like the clock and pretty much everything about vMix. It's different, but simple enough to get the hang of it straight away. I've streamed to USTREAM and Bambuser already as I've been playing around with it and I'm ready to switch as long as I can get my camcorder video through.

I'm running this on an ASUS A55V laptop with a Core i7 processor, nVidia GeForce GT 635M 2GB graphics, 8GB RAM and Windows 7 Ultimate.

Many thanks for your assistance in advance.

Setti
h2video.nl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2013 5:02:40 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Setti,

for WDM capture you have to set the default video standard correctly in the BM settings control pannel under hardware.

I also use a Panasonic camera and I found that you need to set the panasonic HDMI output to 1980p.

You should then be OK and have a capture input in VMIX using the 1080 resolution.

Also be aware that the BM shuttle through USB3.0 is very picky on hardware and software issues: You should use renessas USB3 chips with latest drivers and have the latest BM drivers. Otherwise you could see some dropped frames and black frames... It took me some time to get everything working reliably on a laptop. Using a desktop with PCI e cards is less tricky and you have more options in hardware.

good luck.
Stefan
MLRHEurope  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2013 6:53:31 AM(UTC)
MLRHEurope

Not getting anywhere today either.

I'm looking at the stats and it does seem to be dropping all the frames at source.
admin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2013 6:55:01 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
Hi,

Please try selecting "Decklink Video Capture" as the source in vMix and make sure the resolution and system (frame rate)
match the output of the camera.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
MLRHEurope  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2013 9:30:48 AM(UTC)
MLRHEurope

admin wrote:
Hi,

Please try selecting "Decklink Video Capture" as the source in vMix and make sure the resolution and system (frame rate)
match the output of the camera.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Yeah I tried that last night after seeing it on some other forum and my computer froze. :)

I'm starting to feel like I've tested every setting combination available to me... but obviously I haven't... just gotta keep doing this trial and error until I break the computer, get bored and give up or, preferably, succeed.
MLRHEurope  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2013 10:01:07 AM(UTC)
MLRHEurope

Now I have a slightly different error.

AddNewInput.INPUT_CAPTURE
Cannot play back the video stream: no suitable decompressor could be found.
macjaeger  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2013 1:01:13 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Just to make sure all drivers and codecs are correctly set up: do you have all decklink software installed and can view sources through decklink player?
MLRHEurope  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2013 3:14:25 PM(UTC)
MLRHEurope

BOOM!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a picture! BMD had come out with an update on the 20th and that fixed the problem I was having. My software was almost 5 weeks old so clearly I had left it too long. :)
macjaeger  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2013 4:26:19 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Glad to hear you made it work!