logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eliot Hochberg  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 1:33:55 AM(UTC)
Eliot Hochberg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi!

I'm designing a show with around 40 guests. I want to be able to control it via the web interface. I want to make it so that each lower third has the image for that person.

I know I can create the text parts for the lower thirds for each one. So far, the only solution I have come up with is to have each image as a second overlay and then call that with a separate key for each.

Is there a better way to do that? Can they be attached to the saved title text so I don't need separate shortcuts for each?

Thanks!
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 4:31:44 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Datasources should solve your problem containing the guests name and link to its image and bind those to your title.
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 10:05:10 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Eliot Hochberg

richardgatarski had an app developed just for this very purpose back in 2014: SmartTitler, which I think might still be available
https://forums.vmix.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=49915#post49915
although, I am not sure how well it works with vMix now, but it might be an option for those who are not quite as adept at working out their own solution with vMix just yet.
Wow, how things have changed with the introduction of DataSources and the UTC by elgaf, making it possible to do this yourself without your own programmer...
In any event, as doggy mentions, using DataSources is the way to go moving forward (and perhaps the UTC as well), there's just a bit of a learning curve to get there.

Ice
Eliot Hochberg  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 5:04:36 PM(UTC)
Eliot Hochberg

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Actually, I think I found my own solution.

While I would prefer to animate everything in, it looks like I can do graphics per each title. It's obscure-ish, but when you edit your title graphics in vMix itself (not in the web interface), you have the option of swapping out individual graphics for each layer you've added.

If I do a simply slide in from the bottom, I can have a different graphic for each title preset. I may just use the flattened text, although I'm not sure I can do that and have different presets.

This should open up the different names and graphics through the web interface.