logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rowby  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 4:36:26 PM(UTC)
rowby

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to bring in a Google Hangouts and/or Free Conference call videos (freeconferencecall.com). (Not sure which one is best for bringing in multiple people at once, each in their own video frame.)

(I already have vMixCall, but still want to have, in my bag of tricks, the best way to do a Hangouts / Free Conference call -- should the need arise....)

I've looked in YouTube etc, and found ways to use a vMix video OUTput in Hangouts, but I want the entire Hangouts page to be usable in an INput. OR FreeConferenceCall... So my question is....

1) What type of input do I use? Web Browser? An NDI input? ...Perhaps a NewTek NDI utility?
2) How do I handle audio.
3) Am I correct in assuming that Hangouts/FreeConferenceCall videos are reliable and stable within vMix, and that the guests' web videos should show up fine in vMix, in multiple resolutions and frame rates based on their local computer.
4) What do the participating Hangout/Free Conference Cll video guests see on their browser.

Lots of questions here!

Obviously I can figure this out for myself by just trying it, but I would like to know from those who already use Hangouts / Free Conference Call within vMix how they do it, how they set it up and how satisfactory it is for guests, host -- and non-participating visitor guests watching the Hangout event webinar.

BTW for this question I am only interested in Hangouts and Free Conference Call (not Zoom, for instance) because most of my clients have Hangouts and not Zoom....

Thanks,
...Rowby.
Barney Box Lane  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 5:13:53 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I'm about to go and look but I'm guessing it'd be a software that turns Google hangouts webcam into a virtual input, otherwise vmix desktop capture if the client can run the software?
thanks 1 user thanked Barney Box Lane for this useful post.
rowby on 2/19/2018(UTC)