logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stigaard  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 7:24:48 AM(UTC)
stigaard

Groups: Registered
Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Hi vMixers,

I suggest a change to the audio interface, especially the way processing are handled, and also how it is visually presented.

Case
I have a VST plugin applied to my master audio channel which enables me to send the audio feed to a hardware loudness monitoring interface. When applying the plugin, and also using the built-in effects such as EQ, gain, etc., my monitoring interface is not showing the correct values, since the plugin sending the values is processed/applied before the other processing effects, and not as the last key in the chain of audio processing.

Suggestion
Therefore I suggest that the plugins should be applied after the built-in effects, to be able to use the monitor (and any other plugin!) as the last key in the audio processing chain.

A way to present this visually more naturally could be using left menu where each applied plugin could be presented.
The left menu is currently having the tabs "General", "Plugins", "EQ", "Compressor", "Noise Gate", "Channel Mixer" and "Channel Matrix". Below that, there is room for the applied plugins one by another. There is also plenty space for the "+"-icon to enable insertion of additional plugin entities.

I hope that this will be considered, since it will both cleanup the visual presentation of the audio processing, and also remove the confusion of how to structure advanced audio processing.

Best regards

Jens Stigaard
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 10:08:21 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
stigaard wrote:

Suggestion
Therefore I suggest that the plugins should be applied after the built-in effects, to be able to use the monitor (and any other plugin!) as the last key in the audio processing chain.

Maybe via the addition of a "Pre/Post" switch, to determine whether the VST plugin is applied before or after the built-in effects? Pre/Post switches are common on hardware mixers, albeit normally for switching feeds from before/after a fader control.
stigaard  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 6:07:42 AM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
zenvideo wrote:

Maybe via the addition of a "Pre/Post" switch, to determine whether the VST plugin is applied before or after the built-in effects? Pre/Post switches are common on hardware mixers, albeit normally for switching feeds from before/after a fader control.

Yes indeed, that would also be a possible solution!