logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DanHawkins  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 4:08:28 AM(UTC)
DanHawkins

Groups: Registered

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to get vMix, but I have a question or two around how to achieve something I don't think is possible....

Basically I have a commentary team - one guy in UK (Location A), one guy in the US (Location B).

The cameras/footage I want to broadcast would be streamed from my location. But there are only two outputs from the footage I want to broadcast. Out of those two outputs are different camera angles.

I want the commentary team to see the footage that I control from (Location C), capture their voices and stream it all to YouTube.... *NOTE* the commentators cannnot see the video feeds, the issue I have is getting them to see the footage I'm capturing, then commentate over it.

In essence:

Location A + Location B = Commentators (perhaps using Discord)
Location C = The footage is coming from here
Capture and stream to YouTube.

Here's a diagram to explain what I'm trying to achieve:
https://gyazo.com/24f801f8e14201dffd893811ca6b66ba

My question is - how can the commentators see the footage I'm controlling/capturing, commentate on it, whilst I control the footage and then push it to YouTube.

Many thanks!

spencerm24  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:14:06 PM(UTC)
spencerm24

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
DanHawkins wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to get vMix, but I have a question or two around how to achieve something I don't think is possible....

Basically I have a commentary team - one guy in UK (Location A), one guy in the US (Location B).

The cameras/footage I want to broadcast would be streamed from my location. But there are only two outputs from the footage I want to broadcast. Out of those two outputs are different camera angles.

I want the commentary team to see the footage that I control from (Location C), capture their voices and stream it all to YouTube.... *NOTE* the commentators cannnot see the video feeds, the issue I have is getting them to see the footage I'm capturing, then commentate over it.

In essence:

Location A + Location B = Commentators (perhaps using Discord)
Location C = The footage is coming from here
Capture and stream to YouTube.

Here's a diagram to explain what I'm trying to achieve:
https://gyazo.com/24f801f8e14201dffd893811ca6b66ba

My question is - how can the commentators see the footage I'm controlling/capturing, commentate on it, whilst I control the footage and then push it to YouTube.

Many thanks!

vMix call is the feature best suited for this. They'd both see the video, and then you'd get their audio.