logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mitchstein443  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 6:31:58 PM(UTC)
mitchstein443

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was using vmix through remote desktop and it was working perfectly..

Then after a reboot it just stopped. I get no video rendering but auido waorks perfectly.

Has anyone have any idea of anything I can try?

So far I have reinstalled the k-lite codecs and run the tweak tool.

Still no video.

Video works perfectly in windows media player..

I am running Server 2016 standard, using windows remote desktop.. It's a brand new machine all updates are installed, antivirus is disabled as is firewall..

The project is:

using vmix as a live 24/7 video server. Which I am doing right now on a win7 machine in my home sending to a server in another state, been working for over a year now, but it relies on my concast connection and sucks alot of the send bandwidth, plus NJ will be allowing comcast to slow the connection after so many GBs are used soon. SO, the solution was to install another server where I colocate and dedicate it vmix.

The server is server 2016 r2
16 gigs ram I7 3.5GHZ

Also OBS streams fine from this server..

vmix was running on the server perfectly for about 24 hours, then I rebooted it.. Now it no longer works..
ask  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 8:38:11 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
One thing I would check is that all required server components have been installed. MS made changes to what is installed by default between Server 2013 and 2016. An example is .net Framework 4.5. Also some of the security updates may be having an impact. If you can do it, I would re-image the server with a base build. Install all required drives and vMix. Confirm that all ii working and then image the drive. Now let the MS updates happen and try again. Whist all should be good on Server 2016, I don't believe that vMix is extensively tested against that OS. If you are still having issues in two weeks I will have access to some test machines with a Server 2016 base and can hep out.
mitchstein443  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 27, 2018 1:14:03 PM(UTC)
mitchstein443

Man
United States

ask wrote:
One thing I would check is that all required server components have been installed. MS made changes to what is installed by default between Server 2013 and 2016. An example is .net Framework 4.5. Also some of the security updates may be having an impact. If you can do it, I would re-image the server with a base build. Install all required drives and vMix. Confirm that all ii working and then image the drive. Now let the MS updates happen and try again. Whist all should be good on Server 2016, I don't believe that vMix is extensively tested against that OS. If you are still having issues in two weeks I will have access to some test machines with a Server 2016 base and can hep out.

It is a fresh install of the server.. It was working fine for a while but without audio until I installed a virtual audio driver. Then it all worked for a day maybe two. Then the video stopped working.

Anyway all of this is through remote desktop and I know it has to do with a setting in that, when I use a real old copy of pc anywhere it works fine, just way too slow to use.

mitchstein443  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 28, 2018 4:45:14 AM(UTC)
mitchstein443

Man
United States

An update on a symptom. In any video I add under the properties (settings) the resolution reads 0x0.. This if you hit the gear on the input (configure various input settings) and go to the General. In the right column Resolution and then 0x0 in the box BUT 29.97 in the Frame Rate box. What would cause that? If can I figure that out I think the issue will be resolved..