logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cpilcher  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:40:03 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Hello,

Setting up for my first Facebook Livestream, and things are going well. I have been testing to my personal page (Private to only Myself),to gain the confidence that my setup will perform correctly. The event will be hosted on another entity's Facebook page, so my question is what rights / privileges do I need to be able to connect the stream to their page.

Thanks as always for the great community here.

CPilcher
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:59:56 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Your questions are answered in the Streaming section of vMix's Knowledgebase.

If you are going to manually setup the event on the other one's Facebook page you need "Admin" priviligies. And they have to either set it up as a scheduled event, or "Go Live" when necessary. Alternatively they setup the live stream and supply you with the events RTMP and key credentials. See Live Video from Pulishing Tools.

In case you use vMix and it's Facebook Destination you must "Attend" an event they have created. See Streaming to an event created on a Facebook business page.

Also note, that if you during your tests have setup vMix's Facebook app restricted to "Private", you need to remove the app again in Facebook and re-add it with "Public" priviligies. See Facebook Live Privacy Settings Overview.
Cpilcher  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:40:47 AM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Thanks Richard. I will review those documents.

I currently have Editors privileges and during a test last night I noticed a comment post to the feed. If my privacy is set to “Only Me” and I am streaming to a pages timeline should other Admins be able to see the stream?

Maybe since I only have editor rights I cannot set the privacy correctly?

Edit: I had already read the knowledgebase articles, which were a great start. But didn’t explain what rights I needed to post as another page. I have the App settings in Facebook set to Privacy “Public”, and the stream settings inside vMix set to “Only Me” (which should allow me to go public using vMix settings when ready...) but I’m not the only viewer of the stream. Any advice?
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 12:19:11 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Our experience is that Editor is not sufficient, but I might be wrong. We always ask for Admin.

Privacy control for Facebook in vMix is confusing (at least for us). The vMix app has to be set to Public, and if one restricts to Private in vMix, it still gets Public...

If you want to test privately, I advice you to create a Private event in Facebook, then it cannot be viewed publically.
Even so, you can always check (watch) a test stream in Facebook before you click "Go Live" (even for Scheduled events before the start time).
Cpilcher  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:23:04 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Thanks again. I will make sure to request Admin rights. I was able to test privately to my own timeline with "Only Me" and it indeed was not published to other users. I will need to do some further testing with the Private Event you mentioned and see how that goes. I don't want to be publishing a bunch of test screens to the world...