vMix UTC is a donationware 3rd party application created by Elgarf ( http://forums.vmix.com/d...spx?g=profile&u=2957
). Making a donation is a way to support the project and its creator for the common good of all.
UTC stands for "Universal Title Controller". Its main purpose is to build personalized UI (User Interface) for handling XAML titles in vMix, but it also allows to operate most vMix functions remotely. It is somehow an alternative to vMix Web Controller (which it shares features with), but it has more powerful features.
vMix UTC is built upon vMix API commands which are defined in "functions.xml". So it allows not only to manage titles, but also to switch inputs, to start/stop recordings and streaming for example. Besides it allows to use XML datasource and to monitor vMix inputs and outputs via NDI.
It's important to understand that vMixUTC is not a substitution tool for creating XAML files which still require the use of vMix Title Designer (or MS Expression Blend i.e.). vMix UTC will be useful for managing the content of your XAML titles, for controlling their use in your production and it allows to use dynamic features in titles.
Due to the lack of documentation, I decided to provide information and examples aiming at helping vMix users to get started with vMix UTC. But help is welcome, feel free to share your tips here!To get started
- download last version of vMix UTC here : http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=6468
- extract files to a folder on your vMix computer or any other computer, create a desktop icon if desired and start vMixController.exe
- first thing to do is to indicate the IP address of the vMix host that Vmix UTC will be used to control
> if you installed vMix UTC on the same computer, indicate 127.0.0.1 in IP address field at bottom
> otherwise, give the IP address and port as indicated in vMix Settings > Web Controller Tab
- once correctly configured, vMix UTC will show a green indicator with "Online" mention.VMix UTC User Interface and Menus
- "File" menu is standard. It allows to create new projects, to open previously saved ones and to save your work.
vMix UTC generates ".vmc" files
- "Create" is the most important menu. It allows to select "Widgets" which are objects we can work with to build a VMC project.
All widgets can also be chosen by right-clicking the black workspace.
- "Lock" will "freeze" your project to prevent from messing things around. We use this when the project is over.
Note: it is also to possible to "lock" each widget individually.
- "Update State" is to be used when your vMix project has changed, so that vMixUTC can update its internal state when necessary. For example when you add an input in vMix, vMix UTC won't know about it until you "Update State"vMix UTC Widgets
There are 9 widget types: buttons, labels, texts, lists, scores, timers, external data, containers and multi states.
are meant to name areas in your project so that you can group widgets depending on their use. It's only for visual confort.
- Text fields
are widgets you can write into to update your titles on the fly. They need to be mapped to a field in your XAML titles.
widgets are useful to make a "list" of values that you can select quickly in a dropdown menu to fill your XAML title.
widget is an optimized solution for managing scoreboards.
widget can be either a duration or a countdown timer.
are the more important widgets as they can contain many commands either for controlling vMix but also for controlling other widgets in the project.
allows to use XML files into your projects. It's very powerful to build highly dynamic titles (like sport live stats for example)
widget allows to build complex VMC projects out of other VMC files. It's a way to import a VMC file into a VMC file.
- Multi State
widget allows to control simultaneously several vMix instances over the network. It syncs all commands.vMix UTC Functions
Button Widgets provide a "script" area where you can use "functions". Most of these functions are based on vMix API.
Check vMix Developper API information and vMix Shortcut Function Reference for more information:http://www.vmix.com/help18/DeveloperAPI.htmlhttp://www.vmix.com/help...utFunctionReference.html
But some functions are specific to vMix UTC. These are internal functions.
Here they are:
: it allows to trigger other widgets behaviour.
: it pauses a script execution for a period of time (like a "sleep" or "wait" command)
: it allows to force a state check
: it is used to make a loop inside buttons script
More information about these internal functions will be given through examples later on.
It's time to get started!