logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jonhall  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:26:47 PM(UTC)
jonhall

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all,
I am scrambling to get a video capture setup together to film a funeral service coming up in a few days. Currently I have a single Intensity Pro card, but I want to use two cameras for this, so I need to find a second capture card. Someone in my area has a used AverMedia AverTV HD card for sale. Has anyone used both the Intensity Pro and the AverTV HD card in the same setup? Are there any snags I might run into? How is the capture delay on the AverMedia card? I'll probably run audio into the Intensity Pro card; could I run into (noticeable) A/V sync issues due to differing capture delays between the two cards?

Thanks in advance for any tips you have for me!

Jonathan
Damn2Good4U  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 1:46:44 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Yeah! I have used both in the same setup and both worked well....

Though, I currently have Magewell Capture Card (XI204XE) Dual HD and 4SD SDI capturing... and its a bomb...

I can do 6 cameras at the same time, from http://www.magewell.com/...xe_features.html?lang=en

It's worth trying

Regards,
Rottimmy

thanks 1 user thanked Damn2Good4U for this useful post.
jonhall on 6/5/2013(UTC)
macjaeger  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:13:02 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
jonhall wrote:
Someone in my area has a used AverMedia AverTV HD card for sale.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same card - there's a couple different cards around that all have names with "avertv" and "hd" in it (AverTV HD Express, AverTV HD PVR, AverTV Capture HD, AverTV HD Volar, AverTV HD USB ...), yet there's no one solely named "AverTV HD". But you probably mean "AverTV Capture HD" (H727) or "AverTV HD PVR" (C027), as all the others aren't "cards" exactly. My production system is filled with one Intensity Pro, two AverTV Capture HD, and two AverTV Game Broadcaster HD, and this combination works like a charm. I haven't done precise tests, but a quick comparison didn't show noticeable (to the naked eye) differences in delay between those cards.
thanks 1 user thanked macjaeger for this useful post.
jonhall on 6/5/2013(UTC)
jonhall  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:25:33 PM(UTC)
jonhall

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry for not being more specific; the craigslist ad refers to it as "AverMedia AverTV HD DVR PCI-E [...]". It doesn't state the exact model number. But it sounds like this should work; thanks for the replies!
petraproductions  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 8, 2013 12:38:49 PM(UTC)
petraproductions

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Damn2Good4U wrote:
Yeah! I have used both in the same setup and both worked well....

Though, I currently have Magewell Capture Card (XI204XE) Dual HD and 4SD SDI capturing... and its a bomb...

I can do 6 cameras at the same time, from http://www.magewell.com/...xe_features.html?lang=en

It's worth trying

Regards,
Rottimmy

Sorry for going off subject a little on this post but do you have a place where the Magewell Cards can be purchased? I went to their site and I couldn't find any purchase info.

Kirk