logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rinsky  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2017 11:27:03 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hi,

I want to use the multi view option on an input for multiple different instances, so I don't have to create multiple virtual inputs for that camera input and to achieve better performance.

I use different overlays (graphics, video and audio overlays) for various purposes and it should only start those audio/video overlays/multi view inputs that are actually ticked, but it starts all inputs (which means that all videos start playing in the background and use gpu ressources at the same time). But the biggest problem is that also all audio sources start playing at the same time, even when unticked.

So basically what I am asking for, is that only those inputs that are ticked in the multi view window should also start with transition, I hope this makes sense.

Activating and deactivating the "start with transition" on those inputs that are not in use in this moment wouldn't be very a handy and a pain in the ass.

Regards,
Patrick
vmixgreg  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2017 12:23:25 PM(UTC)
vmixgreg

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
This is by design.
The tic box only applies to the visual element of the Input being used, thus enabling the audio only in the BG for such things as vMix Calls for example.
The best way to accomplish your goals is to remove the Input from the Overlay slot and perhaps use "Shortcuts" to re-instate them when needed.

vMixGreg
Rinsky  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:44:39 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Thanks.

Good to know that it's by design, but it would be very helpful have the option to also tick/untick the audio and/or the option to play it with transition while this specific multi view slot is not active.

And to your suggestion: With overlay slot you mean multi view slot right? And not one of the 4 real overlay slots (terminology can be confusing sometimes)
Barney Box Lane  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 1:03:13 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I don't know if I understand right but I think you want to cut to a shot and stagger when the multiviews start playing.
one way I'm thinking is control it from the original inputs - on transition in pause input, then add a delay of any value with the command play input
if it's a video and you don't even want it to show until you play it then add a frame at the beginning as transparent (export as pro res 444) then the opening frame will be see through and the vid will appear when you play it, hope something there helps )