logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DWAM  
#21 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 7:34:13 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Thank you Ice

I know that labelling the Akai is really a pain in the a??. But as you said, I am not really worried/concerned by this because my setup is very organized and logical and it focuses only on cam switching. I only use different colors to identify easily rows and columns. For me it's ok this way although I wish I had more pads to trigger more inputs inside my multiviews. I only have 4 pads left which will certainly end up controlling more overlays, so I doubt I end up being confused! ;o)

I don't think I will ever use the Akai for other stuff like titles or datasource or very specific functions like playing a video or starting an intro/outro which most of the times are only needed once or twice in a production. I much prefer to use vMix directly for this or vMix UTC when it's getting more complex. vMix UTC has 2 or 3 advantages imho:
- it is easy to label and organize the functions/buttons project by project. WYSIWYG rocks!
- it prevents from adding hundreds of shortcuts in vMix (I don't want to use preset specific shortcuts in vMix, they are difficult to remember and all my productions are really different from one another)
- it allows to create a dedicated and optimized preset/environnement for each vMix project that can be used by myself on a tablet or by another operator on another computer. This really simplifies vMix control.

Bien à toi
Guillaume

rudyengels  
#22 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 11:39:37 AM(UTC)
rudyengels

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi Guillaume,

Great work again! Seems to work better than the previous version.

Could you post the image of your APCmini again with the button names? I'm struggling a bit where to put what...

Un grand merci!

Rudy
DWAM  
#23 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 11:52:15 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hi Rudy

Thanks. You can find the diagram in the 1st post : https://forums.vmix.com/...ts&m=37263#post37263

Only missing the 4 new buttons (top 4 rows for input 7 - multiview 1) where I use shortcuts for scripts as explained here : https://forums.vmix.com/...ts&m=39145#post39145

Let me know if you need more info.

Tot ziens!
Guillaume
rudyengels  
#24 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 11:46:48 AM(UTC)
rudyengels

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi Guiillaume. Thanks! I've send you a pm.
DWAM  
#25 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 1:54:01 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
Guillaume,
These are my problems so far...

1. What do you put exactly under button 14 (MV1). I've put Function: MultiViewOverlay/Input: Multiview 1 7/ticked Assign Shortcut to Input Number
2. What do you put exactly under button 56 (M1O1Cam1). I've put Function: Set MultiViewOverlay/Input 1 1.
3. In your previous movie, row 3 was the PiP. These buttons seems to reflect the active inputs now. Correct?
4. The two new "easy" buttons (54 & 62) to toggle on/off the inputs seems to work although I just see two black boxes...

Un très grand merci!
Bien à vous,
Rudy

Hi Rudy

1. pad 14 is a cut to input 7 which is a multiview input
2. pad 56 is SetMultiviewOverlay with input 7 and value = 1,1
3. the third row has shortcuts for overlay 4 (which is set for PiP). I also tried to use this row for activators reflecting which inputs are used in multiviews but there is no way to do it for camera inputs. In the video I have activators set with event "InputPlaying" which gives the impression that it works because I'm mostly using video inputs for this demo. However we have no better event available for this purpose (hence the feature request I did here: https://forums.vmix.com/...aspx?g=posts&t=9620)
4. pad 54& 62 : I can't tell what's wrong, it depends how you made your multiview. If you have a background, you should just see it.

Bien à toi
Guillaume
mbv35  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 4:08:25 PM(UTC)
mbv35

Hi Guillaume,

Unfortunately I'm new on Vmix and I'd like to improve my knowledge on Multiview.

I understand mechanism to make it in the normal way but it should be good to have a template like you have.

I mean, one where you can change any camera just pressing a button.

I wonder if I need a script for that.

In other way, how can you change inputs in multiview and they adapt size automatically in the screen (big, small,etc)

Sorry about those questions but remember i'm rookie

Marc Bilbeny
Journalist
Barcelona
DWAM  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:46:56 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hi Marc (again)

as I explained you on YouTube, it's important that you go step by step. If you don't understand the explanations I gave in the videos and this thread, you probably want to go too quickly to the end and miss basic information/knowledge about vMix use which you should focus on.

Everything I do here is based on vMix API commands. Are you familiar with this? If not, check the documentation, especially the "Overlay" section here : https://www.vmix.com/hel...utFunctionReference.html
When you know how to use API commands in a browser or in vMix shortcuts, then you will start to see the light with the Akai (or scripts).

It took me years to get there. I have no magic to help you master vMix in a snap but if you work step by step, I'm sure you can achieve to manage dynamic multiviews in weeks.

Here's step 1 (do not try to use the Akai for this):
- build a multiview with a background and add 2 cameras in it
- use "MultiViewOverlay" and see what it does
- use "SetMultiViewOverlay" command and see what it does

A la feina ! Bon coratge !
Guillaume

element  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 7:21:23 PM(UTC)
element

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For fast labeling on the Akai APC Mini, I just use a non-permanent whiteboard marker directly on the keys, they are backlit so it works perfectly and holds for a good 3 months if you press them instead of rub them.

Been doing this for about a year now with no problems and it looks just like new when wiped clear.

A paper towel with a few drips of water can remove the marker in no time for a relabel.

Cheers!
marton  
#29 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 10:49:58 AM(UTC)
marton

Hello Guys,

it is a very useful thread for me to help build my own APC Mini shortcuts.

Let me ask something:

Here you can switch the overlays on/off at the vMix UI:

overlay1.png (10kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

These buttons are logicaly not directly bounded to one specific inputs. These buttons turns on/off overlay chanels, no matter what inputs currently assigned to it.

And a question: How can I simulate these buttons behaviours with APC Mini shortcuts.

These functions are all assigned to a given inputs. But I don't want to.

overlay2.png (79kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

So how can I set an shortcut which only turns overlay chanel on/off independently of which input assigned to it.

Br. Marton
DWAM  
#30 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 6:16:16 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
Here you can switch the overlays on/off at the vMix UI:
These buttons are logicaly not directly bounded to one specific inputs. These buttons turns on/off overlay chanels, no matter what inputs currently assigned to it.

Not quite. You can only switch the overlays off using these buttons in the center area between production clock and transitions.

Quote:
And a question: How can I simulate these buttons behaviours with APC Mini shortcuts.

Just assign 4 buttons to "OverlayInput1Off" ... "OverlayInput4Off"
Or
create a single button with "OverlayInputAllOff"

Quote:
These functions are all assigned to a given inputs. But I don't want to.

I think you're confusing here...
If YOU don't select which input is to be overlaid, how can vMix know which one to use?
The command OverlayInput1In does not mean "Overlay Input 1" but "Use Overlay Slot 1 for THIS input I'm selecting". And you're supposed to click (or trigger somehow) one of the 4 overlay icons directly IN the input thumbnail. At least to overlay in. And you have 2 options to overlay Off (or Out): use the very same icon in the thumbnail or the center buttons (as seen above)

I suppose you watched my videos. The 3rd row from the bottom uses the OverlayInput4 command to toggle on and off the 8 inputs I defined for the akai 8 columns. My Overlay 4 is set to PiP any input so I can easily PiP my 8 inputs using the Akai. However if I want to overlay 4 my 9th or 13th input I must use the mouse and do it in the UI.

Quote:
So how can I set an shortcut which only turns overlay chanel on/off independently of which input assigned to it.

Use OverlayInput1-4 commands to toggle on ad off. But you still need to use theses commands for each input you want to overlay. That's why I don't do this with the Akai (except for PiP overlay4 here and 8 inputs), otherwise I woud fill all 84 buttons only for overlays. I always toggle my overlays 1 to 3 with the mouse.

You might be interested by a Feature Request I submitted which would allow to use Dynamic Inputs and Dynamic Functions to reduce drastically the number of Shortcuts/Buttons required to do anything in vMix.
Check it and add your +1 if you like it
https://forums.vmix.com/...-Functions-for-Shortcuts

Guillaume
marton  
#31 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:15:20 AM(UTC)
marton

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Not quite. You can only switch the overlays off using these buttons in the center area between production clock and transitions.

Please try it:
Under any of your inputs, left click on one of the overlay number. ( 1-4 ) From that time this input will be assigned to a clicked overlay chanel.

Now if you click this overlay button in the center, under the the transitions, You can turn it ON and OFF anytime until you select another input for this overlay number.

So no confusion here, I want to simulate with shortcuts exactly the same behaviour!

OverlayInput1-4 commands are good but zhey are directly bounded to a specific input. (camera, image or anything else) It is not too felxible if I want to create an general shortcut layout for my AKAI APC Mini. In this case on my every project have to adjust these buttons to my specific needs.

Meanwhile I found a little bit more general solution. If I check the 'Assign Shortcut to input number' checkbox when I add the shortcut, then I just have to put the input to the specific input number when I creating a new project.
So my overlays are now on Input11, Input12, Inpu13 and Input14. Now I have four buttons on my AKAI Mini which are turn OFF and ON them.

I understand your video but I don't change so often the overlays as you. Usualy I put to overlay for example Titles, Logos, Scoring tables, etc... and I just want to turn then on/off from Akai.

-Marton
marton  
#32 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:43:12 AM(UTC)
marton

You might be interested by a Feature Request I submitted which would allow to use Dynamic Inputs and Dynamic Functions to reduce drastically the number of Shortcuts/Buttons required to do anything in vMix.

Just a short idea for this:

I set all of my Program buttons with "Quick Play" transition. It is good because as you know the "Quick Play" transition can be set from Setting panel / Options.
In this way I can set a default transition for my every project and don't neccessary to modify the shortcuts.

I did not checked, but if you able to set the "Quick Play's" value with shortcut, You are almost done...

Hmmm?

-Marton

joel05  
#33 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 11:29:07 AM(UTC)
joel05

Canada

Salut @dwam j'ai vu tes vidéos pour le Akai APC Mini, tres intéressant.
Je viens de me le procurer pour le paramétrer sur Vmix.

J'ai pas trop regardé comment ca se programme (je débute sur vmix) mais je pense que je dois passer par les raccourcis.

Par contre je me demande comment paramètre t-on les lumières et le choix des couleurs ?
Si tu as des infos je suis preneur.
Merci

Joel
gabrogabra  
#34 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2020 10:41:42 PM(UTC)
gabrogabra

Italy

Hi guys

here's a short video I just made to share with you my use case and setup of the Akai APC Mini.

The idea here is to exchange setup ideas and to try to improve our use of this device. Feel free to comment and to post your own setups or suggestions.

Part 1 :
(Global setup)
Part 2 :
(Advanced setup for dynamic multiview)

Attached file is the diagram of my setup

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume and thank you for those instruction, so useful!!

I would ask to you if you know why I can't manage correctly the akai mini's circle LED with the activators.. I select the type "AKAI APCmini Circle LED" But the two colors proposed are only Default (white) or blink (also white).
If I set the square type and the color, instead, they are off or red only.

How did you setup their color?

Thank you!