logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Harty  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2017 8:54:00 AM(UTC)
Harty

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi eveybody! I'm trying to solve a problem I have with an upcomingnproduction. It's a soccer game and will use replay while the game is playing (full screen, as usual). After each game (each game is 12 minutes) I want to have a highlight playout from the replay system BUT not in fullscreen but in a "Multiview) where I'll have a graphical background of the sponsor and the highlight playout in a smaller frame. I don't have access to my system over the weekend so I'm trying to figure out this in my head... any ideas/solutions? Thanks in advance for your help! Greetings, Thomas
Rinsky  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2017 8:41:36 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
You can solve this by 2 ways, either via a virtual set and include the main camera and an replay input or by creating a blank input and use the multview option inside the input and put the windows where you want them to be.

You can also have some nice merge transitions where it zooms in and out of the live or replay camera angle, if you want that as well.

The only problem is that you can't switch between the live camera angles in this window. You can only use one camera angle. If you want to switch the live camera angle in this multiview/PIP input, then you have the input from another vmix machine and switch this input from there...oooor..and that's a stupid workaround....you could change the camera angles with the dropdown menu inside the multiview input settings, but that's obviously not very convenient.
thanks 1 user thanked Rinsky for this useful post.
Harty on 11/6/2017(UTC)
Cpilcher  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 12:08:47 AM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Just stumbled across this while browsing replay ideas. If you want to switch camera angles while keeping the PIP in the frame just create a separate multi-view input for each camera angle. Setup your PIP element the way you want it and then clone one for each camera shot you want to be able to cut to. Instead of switching to camera 1, camera 2... you will switch to ReplayMultiview1, 2.

I do the same for our time clock and logos that are onscreen so I don’t use up overlay channels.
tkachuk.alex  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 9:51:39 AM(UTC)
tkachuk.alex

Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
So it is nessesary manualy switch camera angels?
At the timeouts or halftime I select all replays start them as usual whith stinger or else, then after few sec cut them to multiview and can rest a little