logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mashynewie2  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 11:59:00 PM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Local personalities (who aren't dancers) partner up with a dance teacher and dance to raise money for charity.

- Eight Cameras connected to Decklink Quad Duo 2
- 4 Monitors on vMix PC.
- Stream to Wowza
- Link to venue audio system.

BEHIND THE SCENES: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVcfxDmgT2z

NOTE: After the performance you will see a cross to the judges, then a cross to the green room.

There is no post-production, all switched live.

There are more videos when you look at our Facebook page.

VIDEOS:

DWAM  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2017 3:23:42 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Very nice production... High level... Well done!
I only noticed the color matching being not so good (I have the same issue most of the time, vMix needs improvements for this) and the wide shot having interlacing problems (I guess the cam was outputting 60i and the card input was set for 30p)

How many people in the crew?

Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
stigaard on 6/24/2017(UTC)
mashynewie2  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2017 7:03:57 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Yes all camera operators were volunteer, we didn't have enough time to balance the cameras, plus all cameras were different, some cameras didn't even have white balance.

We had massive issues with some cameras cutting out (even when connected with 1 meter cord)... I was trying to troubleshoot it from 8am to 6pm then after I had a break at 6pm, they all magically worked by 7:15pm when the show went live, we where very lucky.

The "rear of stage" would only work in 4:3 in standard def. Then we had to stretch it out to make it 16:9.

We used 3 x 100 meter runs of RG6 coax between the green room and main control room (2 cameras plus a TV). Plus we had a microphone and speaker lead.

Next year we will try and use NDI in the green room to run the cameras, speakers, mic and TV.

There was ONE THING was very unhappy about, I forgot to setup audience mics, so the "cheering" during the dancing wasn't captured. And even after the dancing it's very quiet. You will see what I mean in a video I am about to post where you can hear the crowd roar.

At the end of a day, very very good result.

CREW LIST HERE: http://huntertv.com.au/2...stars-of-newcastle-2017/
mashynewie2  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2017 7:09:39 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Here is a better look at the control room, the first room you see is the "vMix room"... the second room is the Venue's control room.

You will note: No one is sitting in front of the vMix interface. This is because everything was set up in advance, so there was;

Vision Switcher then Director then Lower-Third Controller using the vMix web interface.

I pre-programmed everything so well in advance I hardly had to click on anything in the vMix interface... except for starting the stream and recording.

https://www.facebook.com...videos/1392101407543604/
francisxdaniel  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 5:22:01 PM(UTC)
francisxdaniel

Man

mashynewie2 wrote:
Here is a better look at the control room, the first room you see is the "vMix room"... the second room is the Venue's control room.

You will note: No one is sitting in front of the vMix interface. This is because everything was set up in advance, so there was;

Vision Switcher then Director then Lower-Third Controller using the vMix web interface.

I pre-programmed everything so well in advance I hardly had to click on anything in the vMix interface... except for starting the stream and recording.

https://www.facebook.com...videos/1392101407543604/

What was the set up of the green room. It was only to get the signal from those camera ? And send via RG6 cable to main room?

By the way it was a nice setup for the main room ;)