logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fthomas137  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2017 1:06:35 PM(UTC)
fthomas137

Groups: Registered

Good day all,

One feature that would be great is on the fly camera zooming/sectioning. I use vmix to create on the fly video tutorials, so having the ability to mouse zoom into a specific area and then zoom back out (either with a zoom in/out or fade) would be fantastic.

I do know that I have the ability to use new inputs but that requires pre-setup and there are times when I realize in the middle of recording that it would be awesome to be able to zoom into an area on the screen for example.

Also, another feature - the ability to pause a disk recording. That would be excellent as well.

Thanks for a great program - it shaves many hours off when doing video tutorials.

Frank
NHT  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2017 2:53:55 PM(UTC)
NHT

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 31 post(s)
fthomas137 wrote:
Good day all,

One feature that would be great is on the fly camera zooming/sectioning. I use vmix to create on the fly video tutorials, so having the ability to mouse zoom into a specific area and then zoom back out (either with a zoom in/out or fade) would be fantastic.

I do know that I have the ability to use new inputs but that requires pre-setup and there are times when I realize in the middle of recording that it would be awesome to be able to zoom into an area on the screen for example.

Also, another feature - the ability to pause a disk recording. That would be excellent as well.

Thanks for a great program - it shaves many hours off when doing video tutorials.

Frank

I can't help with the recording but you can use the merge transition to do automated zooms into preset areas of the screen. You could pre-set moves to cut the screen into quarters or sixths and then use this same setup for all your tutorials.