logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StreamOverlayPro  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 1:33:48 AM(UTC)
StreamOverlayPro

Groups: Registered

HEllo Guys. So far my software can generate dynamic overlays for OBS and XSplit. However I find difficulties with vMix and I need to debug the page ON VMIX

Is there a way to debug the embedded browser on VMIX to see why my html overlay fails?

Thanks.
NiBTour  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 4:33:25 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hey whats going on. I was going to use your guys services and loved the idea but it really didn't work and it was locked in to templates you guys created which were pretty basic and didn't cover any games we do. We use vMix and do eSports but older classic games and bar games like darts and pool. I was hoping we could build a few templates and all our clients that i set up for streaming can use you guys instead of managing graphics and me updating individually. so you guys making plans to allow more versitle overlays or have you already?

anyway vMix uses CEF (Chromium framework https://bitbucket.org/chromiumfx/chromiumfx/src) so maybe just download it and run it to find out. also i have no problem with html 5 in vMix (although i'm using basic stuff for my overlay solution) so what are you having issues with?

thanks!

StreamOverlayPro wrote:
HEllo Guys. So far my software can generate dynamic overlays for OBS and XSplit. However I find difficulties with vMix and I need to debug the page ON VMIX

Is there a way to debug the embedded browser on VMIX to see why my html overlay fails?

Thanks.

thanks 1 user thanked NiBTour for this useful post.
StreamOverlayPro on 11/17/2017(UTC)
StreamOverlayPro  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2017 7:25:50 PM(UTC)
StreamOverlayPro

NiBTour wrote:
Hey whats going on. I was going to use your guys services and loved the idea but it really didn't work and it was locked in to templates you guys created which were pretty basic and didn't cover any games we do. We use vMix and do eSports but older classic games and bar games like darts and pool. I was hoping we could build a few templates and all our clients that i set up for streaming can use you guys instead of managing graphics and me updating individually. so you guys making plans to allow more versitle overlays or have you already?

anyway vMix uses CEF (Chromium framework https://bitbucket.org/chromiumfx/chromiumfx/src) so maybe just download it and run it to find out. also i have no problem with html 5 in vMix (although i'm using basic stuff for my overlay solution) so what are you having issues with?

thanks!

StreamOverlayPro wrote:

Thanks.

I was able to solve my problem with vMix and Finally I made my dynamic overlay engine to work with vMix

UserPostedImage

now my problem is that the overlay does not restart animation after changing the source. Do anybody knows on vMix how to trigger a reload on the html source?

thanks.
NiBTour  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 11:21:26 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Perhaps use the web api\shortcuts which can be found at the bottom of the page here: https://www.vmix.com/help20/

StreamOverlayPro wrote:
NiBTour wrote:

thanks!

StreamOverlayPro wrote:

Thanks.

I was able to solve my problem with vMix and Finally I made my dynamic overlay engine to work with vMix

UserPostedImage

now my problem is that the overlay does not restart animation after changing the source. Do anybody knows on vMix how to trigger a reload on the html source?

thanks.