logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tcligon  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 7:42:11 PM(UTC)
tcligon

Groups: Registered

A week ago I updated Vmix now 20.0.0.3 (I think) all was well on the Windows 7 system. We upgaded to windows 10 this week. All appeared well until this morning when I tried to stream the service from church. I had NO AUDIO on either camera and couldn't get audio even though I could hear the system input.

We use line input on the system for the audio connection from our mixing console so that all mics within the building are ONE connection into the VMix computer system.

We use a USB capture device and a PCIe Intensity Pro capture card from two Canon cameras. These have been working great for two years no issues.
This morning when we launched the program neither camera had any audio (which was set to the local line input) I had audio on the computer monitor headphone. Both cameras had pictures and those were working correctly but when you attempted to check audio neither would allow the "audio" under the camera to open (they used to) the system showed the MAIN control when clicking the vmix audio mixer there was no level no audio. Only then main, no other devices.

I DELETED the intensity pro camera from the system and then re-setup the camera. AUDIO then showed BUT the camera had no video into the new area just audio. SO I left it that way so we could stream our service using one camera.

What did I do.. or what do I need to do! If I open our old saved profile I have two cameras, no audio!.. If I setup a new capture the Intensity Pro device will have audio but NO video. (HDMI connection which was working)
System settings main audio to use "line input"
Cameras (used to be) set to use "Line Input from HD Audio input" (That is the old profile setting as well)
On saved profile cameras show but no audio.
On setting a new device camera will not show but has audio.
Deleting and adding the USB device seems to get picture but no audio?
I don't seem to have enough inputs to add JUST and audio input and still have both cameras?
Do I need to buy the upgrade? Or is it My error?
Thanks
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:08:22 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Are you using the latest Blackmagic drivers?
tcligon  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:40:37 AM(UTC)
tcligon

As far as I know I am, but then I have trouble finding the "current" drivers on the Black Magic Support site.. I will re-check that to be sure.
The thing that is confusing to me is that I have video but no audio with my "last" settings or with my "saved profile" but NO AUDIO. Then when adding I have audio but no video? I wouldn't normally think of that as a driver issue since both parts work just not together? I will try with the latest Desktop Video to see if that works.