logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
THPI  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:48:33 PM(UTC)
THPI

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a HDMI capture device that puts out the M2TS video format. That video format is not supportet by vMix. Adobe encoder doesn't like it either. How can I make M2TS compatible with vMix?

Thanks for any suggestions.
macjaeger  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 5:15:21 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
M2TS isn't a video format, but a container format. The video inside this container can be compressed with a number of different codecs, like h264, avc or mpg2. vMix can open M2TS just fine, as long as you have a suitable splitter filter (to open the container) and codec (to decompress the video) installed. I rely on Haali MediaSplitter (to open M2TS container) and FFDShow Tryouts Codec (to decompress all kinds of video/audio), this works for almost any file you can play in windows mediaplayer!
THPI  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:35:58 AM(UTC)
THPI

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
macjaeger wrote:
M2TS isn't a video format, but a container format. The video inside this container can be compressed with a number of different codecs, like h264, avc or mpg2. vMix can open M2TS just fine, as long as you have a suitable splitter filter (to open the container) and codec (to decompress the video) installed. I rely on Haali MediaSplitter (to open M2TS container) and FFDShow Tryouts Codec (to decompress all kinds of video/audio), this works for almost any file you can play in windows mediaplayer!

I installed the Haali MediaSplitter, it does not fix the problem.
macjaeger  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:40:35 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Then you are halfway there. You also need an appropriate codec to decode the video inside the m2ts files. I'd use FFDShow Tryouts, but you can use other codecs too, if you know which compression is used; MediaInfo will give you this information.