logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snedecor  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 2, 2014 9:48:51 PM(UTC)
snedecor

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We're just getting started with vMix (Thanks, Martin!) at our Church. So far, we LOVE it!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to display and sync an entire bible passage, perhaps containing 20 or so verses, changing the verses on the screen over the live video as the Pastor is reading them.

I'm thinking a lower thirds type display, but I'm stuck from there.

I don't know whether to put one verse per title, and try to rapidly click on each one as they are read, or try to implement some type of slide show where I go from one slide to the next (can you do that over video?).

What have you Church users done? What are best practices, tips and tricks?

HELP OUT A NEWBIE HERE!

Thanks,

Gayle Snedecor
fordry  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:52:37 AM(UTC)
fordry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
If it were me I would use a single "Text" title and use the preset texts feature. I would remove the "Title" text entirely and then just enter down several times in the "Message" section until you have the text in the part of the screen it belongs in. Enter in each verse in order and after typing in each verse formatted the way you want hit the "+" button to add it to the presets list. Once all of them are added, all you need to do is click the overlay channel number on the title input(probably just the number 1 but any of them will work unless you are getting fancy with your overlays) and then have the editor open in vmix while doing this and click on each verse as the Pastor goes along and if you had it in order it should be easy to do.

Link to images showing this process
thanks 1 user thanked fordry for this useful post.
DDOtoo on 3/26/2015(UTC)
Bardos  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 3:06:53 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups:
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
There is a program for churches that has all the verses of scripture etc., If you have or get that program, install it on another PC, and you can do a screen capture, freeing yourself from having to search and load it. Here are a few links, but you can Google it to find better software... http://www.sundayworship.net/, https://www.easyworship.com/easyworship/tour/
http://www.songbeamer.com/software.htm
http://alternativeto.net/software/epicworship/

Hope I have helped you
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 5:41:49 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Of course Bardos excellent tips are geared towards church use.

As an alternative, and for more general use, you can also use a suitable Telepromter application, many are available for PC:s and tablets (iPad, Android, etc). Pick an appa that can have green background, and use chroma key to get it into the Output of vMix.

If a Windows teleprompter is running on the same PC, you can project to an extra Windows display and screen grab it. If you are using a tablet, pick one that can output to HDMI and use a camera input to get it into vMix.

I am planning to fix a solution for live captioning, based on an already avalablie platform that also supports what Gayle asked. If I get all things together, that would be yet another solution. See a demo (although not with prepared scripts, at http://bambuser.com/v/4700540
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
Rehan on 8/3/2014(UTC)
Bardos  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 3, 2014 7:20:17 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups:
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Earlier this year I did a graduation ceremony using 3 cameras, and my 4th input was a screen capture from another PC with powerpoint presentations, and all the director did, was to switch.....the other PC was operated by another person, who did all the powerpoint selections, as they were done manually, and the photos of each graduand as they were called....was easy, and the college loved what we did.....we were projecting on a 12ft screen...and during our country's election campaign, we did a lot of that and streamed as well, using the same PC to stream....was tough though....and we did not crash....not once.....every night for about 3 weeks from about 6:30 until 11....constant....vMix is just great.....
thecloudmediagroup  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2015 1:32:16 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
We do this every Sunday at our church. The best way is to run ProPresenter with vMix and to chroma key out the background. We have the DualHead2Go output which allows us to have lower thirds on top of our live video as well as the full screen scripture on the middle screen with a different background. This is illustrated by the photo below (not our church). They have a lot of great resources on their website on how to do this. The possibilities are nearly limitless with integrating lyrics, scriptures and live video along with vMix.

http://www.renewedvision.com/propresenter.php

http://www.renewedvision...multiscreen-improvements

http://www.renewedvision...dules#multiscreen-module

UserPostedImage
davidedmorn  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 12:07:24 AM(UTC)
davidedmorn

Mostly we can do these kind of things with PC's. With the help of some applications we can present the multiple bible verses in an interesting and creative mode and everyone likes.

hebrew roots bible
DDOtoo  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:50:51 PM(UTC)
DDOtoo

In Vmix Fordry's answer is the best and least hassle. Simply have all your verses input into the Text Input with the "Title" removed. Input the texts one verse at a time, position by entering and add to the presets below using the + button. In simply scroll through on your output by selecting the relevant verse in the presets while the Text input is overlayed. If you want the verse with a background to improve visibility or contrast use multiview in the settings of an input window with your preferred background, scale and position it and you are game!
Svein Slotte  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 4:57:02 AM(UTC)
Svein Slotte

http://softprojector.org/ is a great free tool, that does the job very well. Bible, songs and announcements. Use NDI, and chromakey. Then you can put the text any place you want. Perfect for our church.
Video Dave  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 2:37:37 PM(UTC)
Video Dave

Man

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
We do a side by side multi-view with the verses via NDI capture.
Another free and very good program is OpenLP

EliYahu  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:46:40 AM(UTC)
EliYahu

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You can use Powerpoint on a separate laptop then use the HDMI out on that laptop to go into your capture card, or you can use NDI to connect that laptop to the Vmix machine. I use the former and it works well. You can also blue/green screen the background color on a Powerpoint slide and fade/slide graphics or text into an existing input view using the overlay keys.

mkeding  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 7, 2017 3:49:50 PM(UTC)
mkeding

++ on ProPresenter. Our church uses it extensively.
One item that many people are not aware of is the ProPresenter added an NDI module ($99).

We freed up an HDMI port in Vmix for another camera by using using NDI from ProPresenter. It also allows us to pick up the ProPresenter feed on another computer using NDI Monitor.

One item to watch however is a bit of extra latency. We are running an older Mac and ProPresenter is not fast to begin with. Not sure what NDI version they are running or whether its just an issue with our computer. Either way for song slides etc, this is not an issue anyway any works great.

*** Caution. If you have a ProPresenter computer with both Ethernet and WiFi, use one or the other, not both. If both are on, ProPresenter sometimes gets confused and you loss the NDI feed to vMix.