logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amylavonne  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 4:31:20 PM(UTC)
amylavonne

Groups: Registered

I am new to vMix and I'm loving it. I originally planned to do pre-recorded videos and then use Camtasia to pull together a professional talking head show. I am avoiding Powerpoint because no one wants to see another Powerpoint. Ha!

So, now that I'm going to have a LIVE show, I am trying to mimic the assets I had already prepared in Camtasia.

I tried searching the forum, but didn't find a similar conversation. As I am talking, I want to build a list of talking points on the screen to the right of my head. I am assuming I can create a custom title and just re-position it to the right half of the screen.

I am unclear whether I can slide a custom title in from the right side since most lower-third titles come in from the left.

I also don't know the best way to build the list on the screen, one point at a time.

I thought maybe I could switch my head to the right and then the text boxes would come in from the left, so that solves that issue.

I can't use a multi-view because that assumes everything is on the screen at the same time.

A vMix list would show one item at a time in the right order, but would not build the list on the screen. Let's assume I have 4 talking points.

If this isn't possible, I will switch to individual custom lower-thirds for each point, if I have to do it that way. I would then show a summary at the end of all 4 talking points on the screen.

Oh, I just thought of another idea -- I could create separate transparent images (image 1 has one point, image 2 has two points, etc.) As I progress to each input, it would appear as if I'm adding the next talking point.

Am I on the right track? Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Thanks for your time.
doggy  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 4:54:40 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:
I am unclear whether I can slide a custom title in from the right side

Sure , any animation is possible, in this case any side to slide in from AND one can resize and reposition it also (click cog wheel of titleinput and choose position )

Quote:
I also don't know the best way to build the list on the screen, one point at a time.

create a title with x amount of fields under each other , and fill each one by one

Quote:
I can't use a multi-view because that assumes everything is on the screen at the same time.

see above , hence one can either use your title in a multiview but as you liek to animate the list initiall you might use overlay function instead

Quote:
If this isn't possible, I will switch to individual custom lower-thirds for each point,

no need, one title can have as many ( relativly) fields as you want , at any position that you want (even invisible fields to influence others based on their value ;-) )

Quote:
Oh, I just thought of another idea -- I could create separate transparent images

to much work , just fill each line of your title accordingly

HINT:
you can preset info to fill your fields with , as such 1 line could be field one data with blanks for the others, 2nd same first field data plus second field plus rest blank and so on ... and select in order from your list

quick example:
doggy attached the following image(s):
Capture1.JPG (116kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 6:06:22 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ amylavonne

You don't have to necessarily discount PowerPoint either.
You could actually create PowerPoint slides and chromakey them in (the only disadvantage to PP in vMix is you can't play or use the PP transitions).
vMix is very versatile and powerful, there are usually several different ways to achieve the same "look" or 'effect", given your already creative thinking on the subject, I'm pretty sure you'll come up with a clever way to get exactly what you want.

Ice
amylavonne  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 7:47:03 PM(UTC)
amylavonne

@doggy, @IceStream,

Thanks so much for your replies. I can't wait to try the multiple fields suggestion and the preset idea. Thanks so much for taking the time to create an example screenshot. Very helpful.

I am enjoying how versatile vMix is. There are many ways to accomplish something and I get to automate a bunch of stuff. I'm also using AfterEffects assets. I really want a professional look. Thanks again!