logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Murchik  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 12:04:50 AM(UTC)
Murchik

Groups: Registered
Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Tell me, if possible, how to increase the speed in vMix Call because For HD (1920 * 1080), the connection speed of 4 MB / s is very, very small. Really for a quality studio picture, the connection speed should be at least 8 - 10 MB / s

And what is the reason for such a cruel restriction ?? Why not provide in the form of a menu the right to choose the connection speed for each of the connections in vMix Call ?? I would use connection speed in some situations and in 100 Mb / s, if it was available vMix Call.
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:55:36 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
vMix Call leverages WebRTC, which is a new standard means of communicating online. As such, it lives within the realm of capabilities defined by that standard. WebRTC is fundamentally designed for browser-to-browser communication, most typically using webcams as the video source.

Very-high-bit-rate video is not normal, or even considered, by WebRTC developers. Most WebRTC based services still default to 720p30 since that's the baseline performance of a generic webcam. Only some webcams are capable of 1080p30. Fewer still 720p60, or 4k30.

Nonetheless, the WebRTC standard does accommodate up to 4k30 at present. That is, the developer can ask the device to deliver 4k30, if the device is capable.

If you need to trunk video between location there are many other ways to do it. Some that are designed for the purpose are capable of very high bit rates. For example, NDI delivers 1080p at 130-140 mbps.
Murchik  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:09:42 PM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

You do not quite understand me. You are only considering connecting WEB cameras, and I'm talking about using vMix Call for a portal between two or more remote studios that can be located even in different cities. When building such portals 4 MB / sec. Very, very little. You need at least 10-20 mb / s. For acceptable image quality.
mjgraves  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:13:18 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

No Sir. You are not quite understanding vMix Call. It's based upon WebRTC. That's the foundational technology.

WebRTC is loosely built around common video conference/calling requirements, which are typically (but not always) focused on webcams.

vMix call is built using a reference framework (https://appr.tc) that simply does not support the very-high-bit-rate application you suggest.

What you seek is better accomplished using NDI or NDI-HX. That's not the sort of thing you would simply "dial-up" like a vMix call. It would require a VPN connection to ensure that both systems are on the same sub-net.

In theory, vMix Call could be extended to support what you ask. However, the use-case is so narrow that it would amount to a proprietary implementation.

vMix Call is an incredibly capable tool, but it's not the right tool for the kind of very-high-bit-rate link you seek. It's more about easily getting contributions from the field. Like a Skype caller.
thanks 1 user thanked mjgraves for this useful post.
sinc747 on 8/19/2017(UTC)
Murchik  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 8:55:36 AM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

NDI Too much price ... theoretically, I thought it was possible to implement it with vMix Call at a better level. I'll wait, suddenly with the times you have something to change for the better in this matter.
mashynewie2  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 8:16:01 PM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I agree with Murchik.

A vMix to vMix call should have larger bitrate options and I would be surprised if this wasn't achievable.

maybe 5mbit / 8mbit / 10mbit / 14mbit should be added.

mjgraves talking about webcams is really irrelevant, he is talking about vMix to vMix. Unless there is actually a technical limitation not allowing higher than 4mbit
ask  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:44:12 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
webRTC uses vp8 (and now vp9 in some implementations) to process video, and RTC to transport it so there are limitations built into those techbologies. The thinking about transporting larger bitrates is simply just wrong. These are IP (and internet) technologies. They are designed to send the highest quality over the smallest bandwidth possible. MJ is spot on in his comments. The rest of the world wants to reduce bandwidth not increase it.

Try googling webRTC and do some reading about it. There are some great articles that explain it all for you.
mjgraves  
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 6:20:17 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

mashynewie2 wrote:
I agree with Murchik.
mjgraves talking about webcams is really irrelevant, he is talking about vMix to vMix. Unless there is actually a technical limitation not allowing higher than 4mbit

It's nice that everyone is agreeable. Nonetheless, vMix call is a WebRTC application. As such, there are limits to what it can do.

Similarly, you can't use Skype or Zoom and specify a 10-20 mbps stream. These tools are simply not designed to do what you desire.

You already have the tools to setup up high-bit-rate links. Use RTMP and send whatever you desire.
livepad  
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 3:00:40 AM(UTC)
livepad

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Murchik wrote:
Tell me, if possible, how to increase the speed in vMix Call because For HD (1920 * 1080), the connection speed of 4 MB / s is very, very small. Really for a quality studio picture, the connection speed should be at least 8 - 10 MB / s

And what is the reason for such a cruel restriction ?? Why not provide in the form of a menu the right to choose the connection speed for each of the connections in vMix Call ?? I would use connection speed in some situations and in 100 Mb / s, if it was available vMix Call.

For users requiring full control of bandwidth between NDI remote sources, Cloud for NDI (NDI.Cloud) may be what you need.

It allows seamless extension of your NDI local area network across wide area networks which can span thousands of miles, using high quality H.264 intermediate compression.

It also allows explicit control of target bit rate, whitelisting of sources and many other professionally oriented functions.

http://ndi.cloud

thanks 2 users thanked livepad for this useful post.
mjgraves on 8/22/2017(UTC), rowby on 1/5/2018(UTC)