logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
weekender  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 12:28:35 PM(UTC)
weekender

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi there

Actually i stumbled on vMix by accident. And i use it for a purpose i'm sure Martin hasn't intended... The thing is, i have a video stream coming from a playout software (Vidigo Playout) and i absolutly need to process the audio. I do that with Breakaway Live (which is a great piece of software btw). Of course this adds some latency to the audio stream. So i searched google for days for a not too expensive solution to delay the video stream as well (on a windows based setup). And although vMix isn't capable of delaying a live video feed it takes some time to render - about the same time that Breakaway Live takes to process the audio (I added the capture card three times so this gives me 18 ms of render time for the video). With the nice side effect that i now have a picture resolution that matches what i need to stream out with fmle. vMix actually needs much less processor power to do that than fmle.

So now video and audio are in sync again. And i appreciate vMix for doing that!

But although i found a solution to my problem: A live video delay would be great. Like this i could correct the last 5 (or so) milliseconds as well without the workaround of adding 3 times the same caputure card just to increase the render time... :-)

Best regards
Boris

thanks 1 user thanked weekender for this useful post.
incorruptible104 on 3/12/2017(UTC)
vmixsupport  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 1:43:12 AM(UTC)
vmixsupport

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Hi,
Video Delay is an already existing feature in vMix. See our help for more on video delay:
http://www.vmix.com.au/help9/videodelay.html