logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nowski  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 6:37:16 AM(UTC)
nowski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hi I'm setting up a live system and need to figure out the easiest way to do lower thirds for my guests.
Currently I have my own custom title template and a bunch of text presets for guests.
When I select their shot, I use trigger to set the preset number, but this is a bit abstract as I have to figure out what number their title is stored in which will get worse as I add more panelists (not the same each episiode).

I tried creating virtual inputs for each incomging vmix call and assigning the title to each virtual shot, but this seems to set the title for all inputs using the same lower third template. Eq I cant make it a different text preset for each virtual input.
Is there a better way?

I must say, I'm really impressed by this system, currently running on a Mac pro 3,1 with a GT 880 512MB video card and it handles everything I need for a live broadcast wth external Vmix callers, video playback, titles and 1 HD input.

Thanks again
sergio figueiredo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 10:21:03 AM(UTC)
sergio figueiredo

Groups: Guests
Man

Hello,
Actually both the Editor and the Cg Trigger or TITLES really need to adapt to the broadcast. Imagine that I'm live and I need to make a new title, I'm going to lose camera cuts and / or insert video because I have to open the editor on the machine itself.
Both the Title Editor and the title insertion should have the option of running on another machine, as it is usually in Ns caster or tricaster. I have made this suggestion several times, I hope you listen to me, this is very important,
I agree also that in web controler, the identification is very vague, we have to guess, the best would be to edit and customize the C1, C2, C3, V1, V2, V3 etc ....

sergio brasil
Potimus  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 2:42:31 PM(UTC)
Potimus

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
sergio figueiredo wrote:
Hello,
Actually both the Editor and the Cg Trigger or TITLES really need to adapt to the broadcast. Imagine that I'm live and I need to make a new title, I'm going to lose camera cuts and / or insert video because I have to open the editor on the machine itself.
Both the Title Editor and the title insertion should have the option of running on another machine, as it is usually in Ns caster or tricaster. I have made this suggestion several times, I hope you listen to me, this is very important,
I agree also that in web controler, the identification is very vague, we have to guess, the best would be to edit and customize the C1, C2, C3, V1, V2, V3 etc ....

sergio brasil

You can run it on another machine with another version of vMix. Then use NDI to bring it in. Makes it so someone else can run graphics while one switches.
nowski  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 2:51:15 PM(UTC)
nowski

Thats not really an option in a one man production though.
Anyhow, it does work, sort of but could be smoother.
I should add I dont need to edit in real time, just to make it simpler to assign a premade (possibly just before the show) third to a specific shot.

N
richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 6:34:44 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Nowski, maybe I am misunderstanding your need. But why not simply create one Title Input for each guest, and Edit in the required text. Then create a Color Input (transparent) for each guest. Set layer 1 to the vMix Call input, and layer 2 to the corresponding Title input. This way you can switch the either the guest's vMix Call Input, or the Multiview one with the Title on it.

sergio figueiredo wrote:
Both the Title Editor and the title insertion should have the option of running on another machine, as it is usually in Ns caster or tricaster. I have made this suggestion several times, I hope you listen to me, this is very important

Sergio, I am pretty sure that if you take the time to understand vMix better by studying its documentation and searching the Forum you will find that many different approaches are currently available. Including Potimus' suggestion, and the Universal Title Controller.
nowski  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 6:23:01 AM(UTC)
nowski

True I could, but I would end up with 20 - 30 title inputs hanging around wanted to keep it clean and since there's a facility to do it I wondered if I was doing it right or there was a simpler way utilizing the presets and auto switching. Thanks though.

N