logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PTZOptics  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 10:37:29 AM(UTC)
PTZOptics

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone else see a benefit of calling Triggers based on Data Sources. I know a lot of Twitch Streamers for example will trigger an audio/video overlay when they get a subscriber or donation for example...

The best way to ingest the data from say Twitch, Facebook or YouTube is via Data Sources... but as far as I know there is no way to create a trigger based on these data sources? Is this possible?
kjones9999  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 6:04:58 PM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I see a lot of uses for it -- and like so many thing vmix- would find unpredicted uses for it in the future....
JonnyNoblett  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:31:19 AM(UTC)
JonnyNoblett

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Twitch users are using bots that work off the Twitch API, you can also use the same bots for YouTube also e.g. NightBot. It works off the API and then a browser source. There are options for almost every streaming platform out there apart from Facebook where the only tools that have been written that I know of are for reaction/share counts on the broadcasts.

The other platforms have these resources available as their primary function is a streaming platform, FB is not this, just a feature of the social network.

p.s. PTZOptics did anyone get in contact with that lovely lady looking for some free advertising at the end of your broadcast the other day ;-)
thanks 1 user thanked JonnyNoblett for this useful post.
PTZOptics on 8/1/2017(UTC)
infinity21  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 1:45:31 AM(UTC)
infinity21

Is this possible yet?

Would be really cool to automate my scoreboard graphics with triggers, as I should be able to determine (or modify through code) whether the (hockey) game status has changed - goal, penalty status going from even-handed to powerplay, 4-on-4, 5-on-3 etc and show appropriate graphics with/without interaction from the operator.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 4:16:18 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: infinity21 Go to Quoted Post
Is this possible yet?

Would be really cool to automate my scoreboard graphics with triggers, as I should be able to determine (or modify through code) whether the (hockey) game status has changed - goal, penalty status going from even-handed to powerplay, 4-on-4, 5-on-3 etc and show appropriate graphics with/without interaction from the operator.

Yes

Several examples in this forum , check titles specifically