logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GoGo  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:10:35 AM(UTC)
GoGo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am very disappointed with this new update. At the time I did the update to 19.0.0.53 there wasn't any changelog info on it at the time, but I went on an did the update anyway... Now I am not able to stream to the multiple outlets, like Periscope/Twitter at the same time as Facebook. Is there a workaround to this?
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:25:55 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4173 time(s) in 1498 post(s)
Hi,

We do apologise for having to do this. Facebook's policy is very strict on this matter and we have to respect that.

However, the policy currently only applies to using the API, so it is possible to use the manual method as described below:

http://www.vmix.com/know...-facebook-live-with-vmix

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
GoGo on 6/12/2017(UTC)
GoGo  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:41:55 AM(UTC)
GoGo

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
admin wrote:
Hi,

We do apologise for having to do this. Facebook's policy is very strict on this matter and we have to respect that.

However, the policy currently only applies to using the API, so it is possible to use the manual method as described below:

http://www.vmix.com/know...-facebook-live-with-vmix

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Good Morning, Martin

Will I need to do a custom RTMP every time I want to stream to Facebook?
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 11:55:31 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
GoGo wrote:
Will I need to do a custom RTMP every time I want to stream to Facebook?

Yes you do, and the settings you get from Facebook are only valid for 7 days (used to be 4 hours). Info from Facebook's guidelines
Quote:
Important: The Server URL and Stream Key can only be used for a single Live preview/post connection. You must use the same URL and key to preview and post. That is, you cannot preview, stop the stream, and then resume at a later time. The URL and Key are valid for 7 days. Once you preview the video, you have up to 5 hours to go live. If you need more time, create a new stream key closer to the event time
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
GoGo on 6/12/2017(UTC)
watchfulone  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 12:32:49 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I don't know how much this will help but you can use a service call Restream to stream to multiple locations
Here is the link https://restream.io/
thanks 1 user thanked watchfulone for this useful post.
GoGo on 6/12/2017(UTC)
h2video.nl  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 12:39:26 PM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
ivedeon has a vitual webcam splitter, alowing you to use a single webcam on more than one application at the same time. maybe it could be of use.

I have not used it yet, but will have a look into it. just did a two days skype livestream ( group share ) outputting vmix to a bmd webpresenter and it worked really good. had to switch laptop at some point ( to an apple) and using this webcam like simple stream input this was done in 30 sec...

being able to split this input opens even more possibilities.

stefan
richardgatarski  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 1:07:21 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
To begin with, Facebook has the policy regarding API-controlled streams that vMix now adheres to.

As I interpret it, nothing stops a producer from using vMix's API at the same time as, for example, Wirecast's equivalent (which btw also USED TO support streaming to Facbook AND other services). The policy states "Don’t build apps that enable publishers to simultaneously stream to Facebook and other online streaming services".

Last time I checked Restream.io did only support Custom RTMP access to Facebook. No way they would ignore Facebook's policy.

To sum up, if you want to stream to Facebook and one or more other services without first setting up a Facebook live event, then it will most likely be easiset to use another app that uses Facebooks API.

I guess that I am not the only one who can't understand Facebook's logic here.

A couple of side notes. I have anecdotically heard that Facebook does not appreciate when the same stream is sent to multiple Facebook locations. They advocate sharing the live post instead (and I guess punish the "misuse"). Also heard that one (1) Live stream on a Page get some extra promotion. Same day live streams on the same page is not "promoted". Another thing is that they hate if recorded only content is live streamed.

You may think that Facebook will not notice when you try to trick them. Good luck then - they know every move you make (including those you have forgotten). That's their fundament.
JonnyNoblett  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 3:51:23 PM(UTC)
JonnyNoblett

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
You could use a service Switchboard Cloud which will allow you to use multiple workflows for the same incoming stream to output to Facebook under API and other services through their APIs also.

I'm not sure it is publicly available yet but we have been using it and it is a great workaround - try contacting Switchboard to see if you can get early access.
mashynewie2  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 3:57:58 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
Yes you do, and the settings you get from Facebook are only valid for 7 days (used to be 4 hours).

I got a 24 hour stream working by.

(1) Start 24 hour stream using API.
(2) Get RTMP info by using the menu in the live stream post.
(3) Start RTMP stream using that info to Facebook (and also YouTube).