logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thepelell  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:06:58 AM(UTC)
thepelell

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Martin, i haven't found a way to exchange places for input windows. It is important for me that they are in a certain order.. so usually when i add them as input, i add them in the order i need to switch between them.. But using rtsp inputs, occasionally i need to close the input and add it again ( there is no reset input feature as with physical inputs ) when the cam gets disconnected for some reason. In this case, the added cam will go to most right position, making it hell to quickly switch between correct cams, specially with shortcuts.
I streamed a live motorsport event for the whole weekend, for more than 16 hours total , and was very happy with the way Vmix performed, only had a glitch when recording to disk stopped all by itself for some reason, several times in the same race.. when this happened i simply clicked on Start to start recording again. Last time it stopped, i clicked on settings, just made sure everything was fine, then clicked started and recorded for rest of day with no prob. No error messages appeared.. is there by chance a keyboard shortcut that starts/stops recording that i may have used by mistake ?
For the record, i used 2 Axis ip cams in RTSP h264 @ 1280x720 30fps , 1 Vivotek PTZ cam in mjpeg at 1280x800 , 1 HDMI input via intensity pro, 1 cheapo USB composite input. Recording to disk and streaming via FMLE at 720x400 CPU usage avg 17% . Here's a pic of the team (hope FB allows viewing photo)

UserPostedImage
doggy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:39:21 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Quote:
In this case, the added cam will go to most right position, making it hell to quickly switch between correct cams, specially with shortcuts.

click on input and drag to desired position
thepelell  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:44:10 AM(UTC)
thepelell

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
doggy wrote:
Quote:
In this case, the added cam will go to most right position, making it hell to quickly switch between correct cams, specially with shortcuts.

click on input and drag to desired position

if it is so easy then my operator is damn stupid... i wasn't personally at the controls.. thanks for the tip, i'll need to check it out asap
macgiver76  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:54:26 PM(UTC)
macgiver76

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi thepelell, we had a similar idea :-)

http://www.macvideoproduzioni.com/download/

Excuse me a question, you are Italian? I also ....
I also created a custom keyboard with all the shortcuts and an acquisition system to 8 audio channels Presonus.
The system features a DeckLink Quad card and a Decklink Studio 2.

Hello!
fordry  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:21:18 PM(UTC)
fordry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I'd like to piggy back on this thread a little because i think my issue is close enough to keep going here. I am wondering if it is possible to move inputs into the 2nd row after they have been created. I have a profile created already and would like to move several of the inputs down into the 2nd row but it doesn't seem to want to do that unless i have inputs down there already. I can add more inputs and they go on the 2nd row, but I can't just move the inputs to the 2nd row. It would be nice if the program allowed dragging and dropping to any position, not just an already occupied position.
madness  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:26:48 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I gotta say moving inputs wasn't intuative to me as well. I tried moving inputs by dragging the input's title bar without success. I found after reading this thread however that you can indeed move the inputs by dragging from the display portion of the input. Not exactly intuative IMO, but thanks for the info doggy, as it inspired me to try again!
Damn2Good4U  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:46:33 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
macgiver76 wrote:
Hi thepelell, we had a similar idea :-)

http://www.macvideoproduzioni.com/download/

Excuse me a question, you are Italian? I also ....
I also created a custom keyboard with all the shortcuts and an acquisition system to 8 audio channels Presonus.
The system features a DeckLink Quad card and a Decklink Studio 2.

Hello!

I like your settings as in the diagram above...

Any tips on what makes all the setup? and most especially the custom keyboard...

Rottimmy