logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:18:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4162 time(s) in 1495 post(s)
Hi Brad,

We have mainly tested for the Teradek Cube.
If the IP camera supports H264 video and AAC audio (these should be listed in the camera specs sheet) then it should work as well.

If you find a H264 RTSP camera that doesn't work we can release a vMix update to support it.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

admin  
#22 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:27:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

A small update has been released to fix a missing Titles issue when using languages other than English.

http://www.vmix.com.au/download/vmix9.exe

(9.0.0.124)

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
dsharon on 4/2/2013(UTC)
thepelell  
#23 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:41:22 PM(UTC)
thepelell

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Martin i did a major test today with 3 Vivotek ip8132 cams. Each cam had it's wifi client tx and separate AP , all fed in a switch going to pc. Nothing else on lan.
I first tried with h264 stream, using rtsp input in vmix. In IExplorer, i can view video feed ith active x , there is a constast 05-1 sec delay which is normal. I tried with 3 separate windows with all 3 cams and had no problems.
I start having delay problems when I add the RTSP input in vmix. Even with only 1 cam, it will slowly but continuosly gain delay. At first 1-2 secs, after one minute it has gone to 10 secs... after 5-10 mins of work, i have registered > 50secs delay between what i could see in Iexplorer and what i had in preview in Vmix. There are no apparent frame losses.. it' just as if in vmix everything was slightly slo-mo . I have a doubt.. I am using 25fps, and everything is set at 25P (in cam) and 50i ( in vmix..) . Is there by chance a hidden parameter that expects rtsp feed to be 30 fps ?? because it really acts as if it was playing back in vmix at 5% less speed and so this after several minute makes delay worse.
I got also a "media buffer out of range " error once on 1 camera.. I clicked on send error report but don't know how that works.
Also, when i set the rtsp input, if I click on "Set Low Latency mode", i get a "Matrix index out of range" error ( i'm translating from italian so error may be different in english.)
I have tried changing resolution ( from 1280x800 to 640x400 ). I have tried changing buffer size , renderer.. nothing. Decoders are all default.
If i start vmix with a preset with all cams already set as input, the delay will be the same for all cams.. if i add a cam later, it's delay will be different from others..
At the end i had to use the mjpeg stream with a virtual capture driver to be able to use the cams with no delay.. but i would really prefer to use h264 which has a better image.
bavaneld  
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:22:52 PM(UTC)
bavaneld

Hi Martin,

I have a Panasonic wv-sc385 camera. RTSP is listed as supported protocol on the spec sheet. I'm not having much luck finding the rtsp address for the camera. I've tried a few options but I get the error "connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because conneted host has faied to respond"

**UPDATE

I just got off the phone with Panasonic support. This is how they say to view the stream on VLC: rtsp://192.168.1.105/MediaInput/h264/stream_1 (or stream_2 ...there are 2 streams available

I tried this in VLC and it works. I still can't get it to work in vMix though. I get Error 404 Not Found

One other thing I just realized.... if I pickup the stream with vlc I cannot open my Panasonic camera viewer. I need to run the camera viewer to control the PTZ of the camera. Just an FYI for you.

Thanks again,
Brad
h2video.nl  
#25 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 7:13:10 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Martin,

just noticed a small non-critical error: when you add an overlay (p.e. nr 1: light is green) and switch the input row views (by adding two rows or by opneing the sound input info pannel) the light of the input is turned off but the overlay is still on. You have to turn off and on again to see the green light come on. This could be an issue with a small overlay (like a logo or something) that you don't notice in the output screen that easy...

just thought it approriate to report this little issue.

greetings,
Stefan
Grimble  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:39:36 PM(UTC)
Grimble

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I am still unable to save a video delay on an rtsp input in 64 bit vMix. I get the following error:

VideoDelay_Save.VideoDelay_Save.VE_NEWA
Codec Not Supported. Try different Output Format under Settings, Performance.

Saving a delay on the output works fine. I tried it in 32 bit with the same results.

Any ideas?

admin  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:24:25 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Grimble,

Please make sure you are using 9.0.0.124.
The error you have posted does not exist in the latest version so you should not be seeing it.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Grimble  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:25:00 AM(UTC)
Grimble

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
How embarrassing! I've obviously missed an update. Thanks Martin!
admin  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:02:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

A small update has been released that fixes a Windows 8 issue and adds basic TCP support for RTSP streams.

http://www.vmix.com.au/download.aspx

Windows 8 users with Intel Graphics should also read the following post:

http://forums.vmix.com.au/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4251#post4251
Egriswold  
#30 Posted : Friday, April 5, 2013 9:03:40 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Hopefully this issue can be fixed. Found it by using the delay record for slow motion playback. The recording works fine, it's the stinger that screws up. When using a stinger to transition from a live shot to a replay recording the stinger (60 frame image sequence) starts out okay (the frames that cover up the live shot) but soon as the shot cuts to the slow motion the stinger slows down and ends cuts out early. so the next time the stinger channel is activated it plays just a few frames and cuts the shot to preview.
After experimenting for a few hours I found that any animated overlay will match the speed of underlying video sped up or slowed down. Even the animated XAML title that slides in will slow down on a slow motion clip. Also fading up a overlay title the fade time will slow down to match underlying video.
Let me know if I need to add more information on this problem.

Update, Used a AVI with alpha file instead of image sequence and things got a little better. the overlay plays a little jerky but at least it plays all the way through.
Also noticed that when playing slow motion file in program out will effect playing video in preview and even modules become jerky as if playing at lower frame rates.

Well the AVI worked fine on one machine but had the same results of stopping mid way through when used to act as stinger on another machine.
Egriswold  
#31 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 12:35:59 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Did a 2 hour soccer game stream today. The biggest issue was the stinger transition. The stinger (60 PNG files) a soccer ball flies toward the camera filling the screen then flies away. Nice and smooth over camera shot but stutters over replay when played at 75% and the stinger doesn't always finish leaving a few unplayed frames so when you hit the stinger overlay to go back to live camera it plays the last few frames and cuts. Need the stinger to play at global frame rate and not match under lying video speed.
admin  
#32 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 1:10:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Ed,

By default vMix will use the source frame rate for rendering when it is the active input.
This usually works ok for most video formats, but is probably not the best idea for slow motion as you have pointed out.

Fortunately there are a couple of options available to solve this:

1. Go to the Input properties for the video clip and untick the "Self Render" checkbox.
or
2. Select "Run all Inputs at System Frame rate" in vMix settings.

Some video formats will not play as smoothly under these options, but see how it goes for you.

The next release of vMix will change the way slow motion is rendered as a permanent solution.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Egriswold  
#33 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 12:21:37 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Setting "Run all Inputs at System Frame rate" appears to have done the trick. The slow-mo even plays smoother.
You Rock Martin, Wish I was at NAB this year to shake your hand and discuss all the ideas I have
Nav  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:09:30 AM(UTC)
Nav

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Martin

I am having trouble getting a Y-cam HD1080 to work properly in Vmix (RTSP). The camera connects fine, but after around 10 seconds or so the picture freezes and a red bar comes up with "Connection Error" - Invalid RTSP Response Type. Then the input seems to reset and the whole sequence begins again ....

Thanks
Nav
thepelell  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 11:49:15 AM(UTC)
thepelell

the same thing happens to me with vivotek cams, but after 3-4 mins, and in that period the input gets delayed too. Check if what you see in input is lagging compared to say, the same stream viewed with vlc. Send a copy of error log to Martin so he can get a good idea of what's going on. Unfortunately these ip cams don't seem to respect any kind of standard..
I am having good results with Axis M1014. Stayed connected for hours without any problem, apart from when an idiot entered the restricted room where i had my wifi antennas and stood right in front of one....
kkr  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:14:42 PM(UTC)
kkr

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I finally had the chance to test the new vMix during weekend - and I was overjoyed of the new features:-) Well done!!
The only thing I’m still struggling with is the RTSP input…
The main problem is that the stream gets more and more delayed and never stops delaying.

My Setup:
Cameras: Vivotek IP8162P @ H264: 1280x720, 25fps, (various bps tested) and AAC: 32k-128k
PC: HP 8560w (quad core) Windows 7 pro 64bit, vMix(64) Render Time: 2-5ms, CPU: 5-10%

First test; selecting Buffer=0-500ms, Low Latency=not checked, TCP=not checked. In this configuration the stream starts with a delay set in Buffer (0-500ms) and grows from there… it will gain some extra seconds in just 10-20minuttes.

Second test; selecting Buffer=0-500ms, Low Latency=checked, TCP=not checked. In this configuration the stream starts with a delay set in Buffer (0-500ms) and grows from there… but this time a lot slower, it will only gain approx 0.5-1.0s extra in 6 hours (this is almost OK).

Third and fourth test; selecting Buffer=0-500ms, Low Latency=checked, TCP=checked. In this configuration I immediately get an error during open input: 461 Unsupported transport (if I remember correctly). I found that disabling audio in the cameras will remove the error. I did this test also without Latency checked, and I found roughly the same delays as for first and second test.

Note: In this two first scenarios, if audio bitrate is set “too hi” 64k or 128k the audio will startup choppy and later disappear completely, while video is ALWAYS perfect (except for the delays)

I tested the same streams using both VLC and the “camera built in web page” (shown in Internet Explorer) and the camera stream had the same constant delay for 12 hours. The Web viewer had a little less delay than VLC (I set the VLC cache to 300ms running over TCP), audio OK.

Any hints on how to remove the delays?
The only thing I can think of is to test it on a second PC but I don’t have that many “fast” PCs :-(

Best regards
KKR
h2video.nl  
#37 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:58:54 PM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Just noticed the checkbox under performance in settings:

enable3d9ex - but what does is do and when to use (and when not) - it's not in the help file or forum.

greetings
Stefan

PS just upgraded BM shuttle drivers: minor performance improvements - it would mean a lot to me if these minor improvements would make the whole USB3 driver and connections issue more reliable. Will keep an eye on it, first impression looks OK...
thepelell  
#38 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 6:51:35 PM(UTC)
thepelell

Kxr, that is the same thing that happens to me with vivotek 8132 cams. But i couldn't use low latency option because i would get an error in input. 1 sec in 6 hours is really nothing.. i would get 1 sec delay every 6 seconds... :(
i can't manage at the moment to put a cam stream online viewable from outside network, but it would help if martin could work directly with a stream, so if you can make a stream visible from the internet and give martin the url, i think he should be able to solve the vivotek mystery.. I have 3 8132 cams sitting in a box doing nothing....

kkr  
#39 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:48:37 AM(UTC)
kkr

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Come stai?... (if I remember correctly??)

Of course! I can make the Vivotek camera available for internet access :-)

Since Martin will most likely access the camera during the “dark hours”… I’ll have to just put it up viewing a poster or something with a small light source (24h) (I will try to make something moving in the scene (don’t know how yet))

I can hook it up to the internet (100Mbps fiber) whit its own IP-addr. (and PM or E-mail Martin the IP) (He will still have some latency to Australia, but should be able to test vMix, activeX and VLC at the same time)

I can setup everything this evening (I just need to take care of my “day job” first :-(

Martin: please confirm that you can actually use the setup for debugging??

Best regards
KKR
thepelell  
#40 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:53:45 AM(UTC)
thepelell

Si esatto, come stai is correct :)
If you have a digital alarm clock , or a stopwatch with big numbers, you could put that in front of camera, so it is easy to see the delay, you simply need to open the stream with vlc and add the same input in vmix and so hopefully Martin can solve the Vivotek mistery :)