logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spurradio  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:03:05 PM(UTC)
spurradio

Groups: Registered

Is it possible to load new lower third graphics? I have several PNG & PSD files I used with my other software. I would like to use them in vMix. Do they have to be in XAML format? If so, can I convert my PNG & PSD files to XAML?
jwolthuis  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:44:49 PM(UTC)
jwolthuis

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
If you already have the image files, you add a "Photos" input, which is an ordered collection of images, aka a Slideshow.

You can right-click the input, and bring up the Slideshow Properties, which allows you to jump around between slides. Not as flexible as ProPresenter lower-thirds for song lyrics (for example), but vMix is targeting a more-sophisticated video mix, and not optimized for static slide presentation.

XAML format is useful if you have dynamic content, where you can change the overlay based on a dataset (database, user input, JSON feed, etc). You can't convert .png or .psd to XAML, but you can include images in XAML markup. For what you have, that route probably has no advantage.

Jon
spurradio  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:24:19 AM(UTC)
spurradio

Thanks for your help. That will work with static images I don,t need to add text to. I like the feature in title where I can change text on the fly. I will have to figure out a plan b. Thanks again.
Grimble  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:26:40 PM(UTC)
Grimble

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
spurradio, are you wanting to have an image as your lower third, and dynamic text overlaid on the image? XAML is what you want for that. Take a look at some of the existing XAML files in the titles directory and see if you can modify any to fit.