logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hak  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:24:07 PM(UTC)
hak

Groups: Registered

Hello
Before writing this post, I searched for Mark In / Mark out for playing audio files, but I didn't find anything, only for videos.
I need to play a specific part of the audio.
Is there a way to do it.
Thx
w14  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:47:58 AM(UTC)
w14

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I guess Martin feels audio renders so quickly that to edit the clip offline in Audacity or whatever is almost as quick as setting in and out points.

Or if you don't want to do that, you could switch off "automatically restart with transition" and queue up the audio clip in advance and listen for your end point.

There is a feature request for this somewhere which I also can't find at the moment because I can't search for my own posts (my username is only three characters which means I can't search for my own posts).
DWAM  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:53:07 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
I can't search for my own posts

Click on your username > switch to "last10 posts" tab > click on "view all posts"
w14  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:35:41 AM(UTC)
w14

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
Quote:
I can't search for my own posts

Click on your username > switch to "last10 posts" tab > click on "view all posts"

Sadly not: "Search texts must be at least 4 character long and compliant with forum rules for search (see forum FAQ for more info)."
hak  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:09:25 PM(UTC)
hak

thanks for the reply.
but in my case. they (production team) brought the audio file during live production and I have about 2 minutes to set it up and play it at right minutes and seconds of the audio file and to stop at a determined point. I got it to play on time and they where happy about it.
Anyway, we discussed that and they agreed to try edit it next time. But sometimes you have to do it quick.
Thanks again.
DWAM  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:45:05 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Why don't you play this audio file over the network then ? You could use VLC as a player (it is easier to find mark in) and use NDI to feed vMix. Then you just have to switch off this input for mark out...
I'm sure there are better options like using Dante or else but this should work.
Remember vMix is a LIVE switcher. Operating vMix underlies being able to operate it live for any type of source. There is not much difference into airing an excerpt, a portion of a sound file or switching the right angle from a multicam setup.