logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichShumaker  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 2:22:26 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
First this is ridiculous as I don't own the product.
Second the product is the Elgato Stream Deck, see first item, I don't own it.
Third I am requesting a new vMix feature, even though I don't own the product, so the request is 100% ridiculous to ask for.
The request is that vMix supports the Elgato Stream Deck at the lowest hardware level, somehow.
Now what does that mean or how does Rich 'think' it would work?

Here is my walk through of how I envision the product would integrate with vMix.
You launch vMix with a button on the Stream Deck, super easy and can be done I already know this part is 'doable'.
You press a button and load a vMix setup, I think this is also easy and doable.
Now for the 'Oh No You Didn't' part of my walk through.
On the Stream Deck all the icons change to what looks like the different inputs.
Not in motion but static images of each Input with some toggle buttons to other features, like instant replay, transitions, ect.
How did it get those images, automagically is what I would say as I am a non programmer.
I do know I could do it the long way, pull up each input, capture an image, resize the image, add to button in Elgato Stream Deck Software.

In addition I would love to see us build combo's into single buttons.
Hit Combo A + Video List 1 and you get it playing the list back at a certain rate with certain transitions.
Also since you hit Video List 1 the buttons were populated with the entire list, with page turns if necessary.

The advantage here is you see an image of what you want to show, again with automagic technology.
This is a ridiculous idea on so many levels except it changes how we interact with the software beyond basic or advanced 'controllers'.
To me it is the most like a touch screen but with a button press feel you don't get from a screen.
Oh and I think I also like the cost of it as that is part of my low budget nature.
I am sure the buttons will get mashed up by serious users except who knows.
If 1 controller is good why not make vMix able to work with more than one, each for a different area of the software like instant replay, social media.
With 3 controllers you could have 3 different people controlling the different parts of the software.

Anyone else want to add to my walk through with ideas that are 'potentially' possible with this Stream Deck controller by Elgato?
Thanks for checking out my 100% Ridiculous Feature Request and I am still asking post...

Have an amazing and awesome day.

Rich Shumaker
thanks 1 user thanked RichShumaker for this useful post.
Ario on 7/25/2018(UTC)
RichShumaker  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 2:36:56 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Yes I am adding to my own post.
I literally hit send and a list feature popped in my head.

When you have a list on the Stream Deck it shows all of the items with a page turn if necessary.
Each item on the list is a single button and it is either Red or Green.
Green is good to go and will play, Red it that it won't.
You can toggle them on and off with a button press.
One of the buttons shows the total play time on it and dynamically changes as you update the list.

This list feature would carry over to Social as well.
So you can bring up a list of social sites and green light any comments or information you want to appear.
I doubt it can be done but a scroll on the button would be cool to let you know what someone said.
I wonder how many characters you can have on a button and how it dynamically updates.
Maybe we already have some method of doing this and I just don't know, using activator.
Somehow use an activator to send across data from a data source to the display button.
This feature has been achieved by Elgato for showing you the number of people watching your Twitch Feed so they have a method to get data on the fly into the unit.

Thanks again for checking this out and I know it is bad form to post to you own post especially so soon.
It just hit me when I pressed Post and I had to capture the GUI usage before I forgot.

Rich Shumaker
thanks 1 user thanked RichShumaker for this useful post.
Ario on 7/25/2018(UTC)