logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doyousee.me  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 6:46:24 PM(UTC)
doyousee.me

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi all,

after spending the better part of 3 days to get my intensity pros working with an intel h77 chipset motherboard (if anyone knows the black magic *badaboom* to get this working would be even better) I decided to give up. So now I'm looking for an affordable card that supplies hdmi inputs with low latency, compatible with vmix (because i'm addicted to vmix :) )

preferably it has to be bought in Europe for tax reasons :) , it must be able to have multiple inputs or , preferably, multiple cards in 1 motherboard (the board i got has 3 x1 slots and 1 x16)

thanks in advance!

M@ik

doyousee.me

doyousee.me  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2013 7:39:06 PM(UTC)
doyousee.me

a short email conversation with mcjaeger pointed me into a few proper cards, as well as the place to buy them.

I will report results when they get here (tuesday if all goes well)

M@ik
h2video.nl  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 3:51:13 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
maik, check the power supply to your board. first try with one bm card. it should work. then two, if no it's the power supply. upgrade and you should be ok. at least that was the trick in my case running two bm cards and one shuttle, with no problem on a simple pc.
greetings stefan
doyousee.me  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 7:04:40 AM(UTC)
doyousee.me

I tried with 1 card inserted as well, the only way it works is if i plug the one card in the x16 slot, which should mean the power suffices . (would be surprised if it didn't, the 350w antec supplies power to a relatively lowpower h77 no-options mainboard, a sleeping 3450 i5 and an ssd drive, no cdroms, nothing else). I haven't connected my powermeter to it yet, but it produces zero heat, so i think we're good.

I will pop a 650 watt hcg on the board, just for the sake of the experiment, but my hopes are on the new avermedia cards i ordered.
(even if the powersupply works it's not an option, this setup is built for a small footprint, to use in ultrasilent environments, so i'm kinda stuck with this psu)

M@ik
ask  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 8:58:52 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Try this card. I have two in my box and they work well with vMix - Avermedia DarkCrystal HD Capture SDK Duo (c129)

Full specs on the card can be found here: http://solutions.avermed...ystal-hd-capture-sdk-duo
doyousee.me  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 10:22:27 AM(UTC)
doyousee.me

the darkcrystal is the holy grail , but for this project not an option price-wise.

i discussed with macjaeger and the cards we're going to try in this project will be 2 avermedia tv hd's and 1 gamer hd

(gamer fullhd progressive for the main camera and the 2 tv hd's for pip and additional play)

doesn't reduce the fact i still have 2 intensities that don't do what i want, so i'm definately going to try the psu as well

M@ik
h2video.nl  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 11:00:04 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

maik, i can use two bm in my small formfactor medion pc. one in the 16* and one in the 1* but i have two 1* slots. when i put them both in the 1* slots they don't work. so i guess it is something to do with thevfact that these slots share one connection. the bm cards use up al band width 5 gb/sec . the same problem i have when connecting a bm shuttle and add anything else to the free usb 3.0 port. the port is also shared.

i am interested to see an alternative to the bm cards and external conections just because of this requirement.

so i suggest put one bm card in the 16 and the other in the 1 but leave one slot inbetween open. maybe that would do it ( i played around with the cards aswell and can use 2 cards and one shuttle. have to try two shuttles also but this s oushing the limits.

stefan
macjaeger  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 2:57:09 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Power might indeed be the issue in m@iks case: usually the x16 slots provide more power, as they are intended to run gpu boards. On the other hand i never had problems running bm intensity pro in x1 slots, even in fairly weak configurations. I never even thought about power issues with capture cards, compared to cpu & gpu these cards shouldn't add that much load.
doyousee.me  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:03:18 AM(UTC)
doyousee.me

I agree,

power shouldn't be an issue with these cards.

I have had 1 in the x16 and 1 in one of the 3 (tried them all) x1 slots, but no dice.

If power is the issue it would still be a problem, since silnce and small footprint are core values in this setup.

Amazon just mailed me the cards have shipped, you i guess tomorrow we'll know :)
admin  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:46:07 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
There are some motherboards out there that share various onboard devices with some of the PCI express slots.
This can create issues with video capture cards which need all the bandwidth they can get!

If you could provide the motherboard model number I can confirm if that is the case here.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
doyousee.me  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:05:26 PM(UTC)
doyousee.me

it's an intel dh77eb

but i'm almost certain it's an incompatibillity issue with the driver (i did some research after it didn't work, and a lot of people have issues with these newer chipsets and the intensity drivers, should have done that beforehand ofcourse)

to be perfectly clear for anyone that reads this thread: this has nothing to do with vmix, it's the hardware that doesn't work in this combo, vmix run perfectly on this system with a couple of webcams connected. (as it does on all systems i test it on).

sorry to have dragged you all into this.

M@ik
h2video.nl  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:58:26 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

maik,
you dragged us into it; now please let us know what the results are with the avermedia cards. if they work it's a nice and cheaper alternative to BM cards. Always good to have a plan B.

What did they cost you: I see they are about €90 here in NL (pixmania.com)incl VAT. So you buy three for the price of one BM card.

greetings
Stefan
doyousee.me  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:57:38 PM(UTC)
doyousee.me

I promissed to share the results and I will, but there was no mailman at the door today :(

hopefully tomorrow (trackntrace says there shipped from the UK yesterday, but they also say i should expect them in thursday).

As soon as i have them i will share, but from the things i hear from mcJaeger these cards are worth every cent. (I don't think price ratio is 3 to 1, it's merely 2 to 1, but if they do work with the most common chipset there is i'm happy :) )

M@ik
macjaeger  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:02:07 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I've had my first semi-live run today at a spring concert (though we're still freezing here...); and so far the only faulty piece of hardware was myself... i had all the cameras setup, vmix running nicely, audience pouring into the room - paff! batteries in the keyboard died. had to do all the mixing by mouse, and couldn't change any of the lower thirds (thus rendering most of it useless). next time i bring the wired keyboard as well, promised!

anyway: the avermedia / avertv cards passed the 3 hour live test.
doyousee.me  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:56:55 AM(UTC)
doyousee.me

good to hear !

didn't someone teach you that wireless is never a good idea :)
you could offcourse have used the onscreen keyboard for lowerthirds :)

(although i do use my tablet to control vmix, as well as my cellphone, but never for key features)

M@ik
(shipping is still delayed, although the card is invoiced straight from the seller, amazon still wants to ship it through there warehouse :( , luckily i'm in the process of becoming a reseller myself)

amsudeen  
#16 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 10:48:58 AM(UTC)
amsudeen

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
dear friends,

i am also suffer the same problem for intensitypro

ofter i try this two current motherborad now working very fine.

1 ) ASUS P8H77-V LE

2) INTEL DZ-77-GA70K

THIS TWO MOTHERBOARD WORK FINE FOR BLACKMAGIC QUAD AND INTENSITYPRO.

thanku
doyousee.me  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:07:16 AM(UTC)
doyousee.me

good to hear it's not all bad :)

I did some quick testing with my new setup and it all works as advertised. (I'm having some trouble getting fmle to behave, because it has a very large delay while encoding , but that doesn't originate in the cards so that's a whole different issue)

There are now 3 in there, and i even tried out to use the fm radio (commentary often is broadcast at the events i stream, which is much more easy for me than cables)

Vmix mixes them perfectly, and they seam to be more forgiving in switching on and off connected camera's than the bm cards were, but I haven't tested that extensively, so it may be just luck.

when i have more info i will post

M@ik
vidkid  
#18 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2013 8:56:09 PM(UTC)
vidkid

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
doyousee.me wrote:
good to hear it's not all bad :)

I did some quick testing with my new setup and it all works as advertised. (I'm having some trouble getting fmle to behave, because it has a very large delay while encoding , but that doesn't originate in the cards so that's a whole different issue)

There are now 3 in there, and i even tried out to use the fm radio (commentary often is broadcast at the events i stream, which is much more easy for me than cables)

Vmix mixes them perfectly, and they seam to be more forgiving in switching on and off connected camera's than the bm cards were, but I haven't tested that extensively, so it may be just luck.

when i have more info i will post

M@ik

I know this is an old thread,but I would like to know about your continued experience with the Avertv card(s). I am considering building a system using the Intensity Pro and using the recommended mobos on the BMD site,but, I am unclear as to how and connect the cards. Let me clarify,please. The Intensity has the small looking connectors,yet you stated that whilst troubleshooting that you connected to the x16 slot which is bigger than the x1 slot. Is that something that is acceptable? I ask because I would rather get the Intensity card(s) but some of the mobos that I am considering only have 1-2 of the x1 looking connections,yet I would like to get 2-3 cards and IF it is possible to connect to the bigger x16 slot,that would certainly influence my purchases.

Also,one of the recommended mobos does indeed have 4 of the x1 slots,yet as mentioned above,that sometimes connecting too many devices to the same buss could have bad consequences. Can anybody confirm or deny if that is the case? I am considering getting one of the Avermedia cards and trying it on my exsting system which has 2 PCIex1 slots but I have a firewire card installed on one of the slots and I was wondering if that might have an adverse effect as well.

I would really appreciate some help with this. I have tried posting on the BMD forums,but to be honest I have found that the vMix community is much more helpful than the BMD community. At least for me.

Thanks,

vidkid
paulsalv  
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2013 3:17:23 AM(UTC)
paulsalv

Man

Dear Martin (vMix) and colleagues in the Forum,
First forgive my English, really isn't my forte.

A few days ago I sent by vMix Forum a doubt about using 2 or 3 Cards Blackmagic Decklink Studio 2 (need to use this Card as I capture Analog stereo audio and Composite Video). But currently has a problem, namely:
-The Card 1 (BM) captures Video and audio usually, but the only Audio out the HDMI and not the balanced analog output – is failing and distorted (the levels are correct – without saturation). Is it defect of plate
The Card 2 (BM) works normally without any problem.
Arrangements that took in tests:
The 2 plates are on PCI-ex 16 x, because I believe that when using full HD can provide better performance, so I reversed the plates and the defect continues, but kept the original cables (Breakout Cable). But now occurs on the plate that was the old 2
In this way I can't do work the 2 plates simultaneously for use with 2 concurrent and independent Playlist

Questions:
-When changing one of the PCI-ex x boards may disappear the problem, because any conflict in PC bus?
-Does the 1 Card is actually defective and analog audio only?
-You or someone from the Forum can suggest any changes in Hardware or installation on vMix.
Remarks: this station is active in corporate TV station (SP-Brazil) in 12:0 am/7 d operation, so it's hard to get out of the air for testing and repairs – we have more 2 or 3 identical machines (with 3 BM Studio 2), but only after resolving this problem.

Hardware configuration: with Windows 7 Professional - 64 Bits
Asus-Sabertooh Z77 - Intel I7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1 x 520GB OCZ SSD - 2 x HDD-1TB (SATA III – No RAID) - Nvidia Quadro 2000 - Power Supply Corsair 650W.

Thank you all, I look forward directions and commentary.
Paulo Salvador
paulsalv@gmail.com