logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
truevineministries  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 8:32:18 PM(UTC)
truevineministries

Groups: Registered

Hello!

This seems like a really simple thing but I can't seem to find anything in the documentation! How would I be able to have my Vmix output show up on my Wordpress website? Is there like a place where an iFrame is generated or a URL or something please?

Thanks,
kjones9999  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 9:25:53 PM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
A few ways to do this --

Simplest is probably youtube if you are doing a "channel" as opposed to an event. Youtube can give an iframe embed code.

To DIY, you can use Mistserver....
thanks 1 user thanked kjones9999 for this useful post.
truevineministries on 5/22/2017(UTC)
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 9:34:53 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ truevineministries

Are you talking about embedding a livestream onto your website?
There are many options for hosting and delivering a livestream through a CDN, but vMix is live production software, that is, the tool to help you produce live multicam content not the platform that distributes it (Content Delivery Network) that's why it's not in the documentation, vMix doesn't do that.
Essentially, you need to stream from vMix to a service (or server) that will distribute your product (Program or show content) across a Network (typically the Internet).
The most popular and free Live Streaming servers are probably YouTube and Facebook, but there are dozens of others that may be more suitable for you if you have a budget.
Hope that helps some.

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
Speegs  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 6:10:57 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
You can create a shortcut code in your functions.php file for your theme. That is well documented and maybe one of the more technical ways.

Here is a small example, which adds a shortcut code and looks to see if there was a video ID/Code supplied on the URL. So others have said add an iframe, but to make it easy to drop into a page make a re-usable shortcut code. There are plugins for Wordpress as well, but to do something this simple would be best to put your own custom code into the functions part of your theme. This forum is not about wordpress, so I suggest you end up on a wordpress forum if you want more details about customising themes. This will take a Vimeo or Youtube Video as is.

Code:

// Passes Query Strings from current page into a custom iframe video player
function build_iframe_url () {
  $v_yt = isset($_GET["yt"]) ? $_GET["yt"]: '';
  $v_vim = isset($_GET["vim"]) ? $_GET["vim"]: '';
  if (strlen($v_yt) > 5) {
     $build_iframe = '<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/' . $v_yt . '?rel=0&autoplay=1" frameborder="0" class="video" allowfullscreen></iframe>'; }
  elseif (strlen($v_vim) > 5) {
     $build_iframe = '<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/' . $v_vim . '?autoplay=1" frameborder="0" class="video" allowfullscreen></iframe>';
  } 
  else {
     $v_yt = 'q_UxfIvkPK4'; // I used the Vmix Funtime Liveshow of february in this example for the default video code if none is specified
     $build_iframe = '<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/' . $v_yt . '?rel=0&autoplay=1" frameborder="0" class="video" allowfullscreen></iframe>';
  }
 return '<div class="vidcontainer" width="100%">' . $build_iframe . '</div><p style="text-align: center; margin-top: 50px;"></p>';
 }
add_shortcode('custom_vidplayer', 'build_iframe_url');

You could look at using attributes to pass which video to play rather than get strings on the url, but for my project it needed to use get strings to launch the player with the right video from an external website and play on my website. Which is what this code was built to achieve. The point is you can embed any video player this way even a custom player. I use jwplayer in a similar shortcut code. jwplayer is a paid video player, so no point giving you that example.
thanks 1 user thanked Speegs for this useful post.
truevineministries  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 11:03:59 AM(UTC)
truevineministries

kjones9999 wrote:
A few ways to do this --

Simplest is probably youtube if you are doing a "channel" as opposed to an event. Youtube can give an iframe embed code.

To DIY, you can use Mistserver....

I'm just a lowly web designer :-) The most I do with Vmix is make the lower thirds! But I'm willing to learn! We do have a Youtube channel, we're a church. We broadcast on Fridays and Sundays. So we would like to setup a page on our website, something like www.tvineministries.org/watch-live. When we're streaming from Vmix, we want people to be able to see directly from our website. We're currently on Periscope, Youtube and Facebook Live. However, we have some people who don't use social media, so having the stream directly on our website, would benefit this great majority of people.

I really don't think I'll have the time or ability to learn how to DIY this.

Any additional insight would be much appreciated,
truevineministries  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 11:05:55 AM(UTC)
truevineministries

IceStream wrote:
@ truevineministries

Are you talking about embedding a livestream onto your website?
There are many options for hosting and delivering a livestream through a CDN, but vMix is live production software, that is, the tool to help you produce live multicam content not the platform that distributes it (Content Delivery Network) that's why it's not in the documentation, vMix doesn't do that.
Essentially, you need to stream from vMix to a service (or server) that will distribute your product (Program or show content) across a Network (typically the Internet).
The most popular and free Live Streaming servers are probably YouTube and Facebook, but there are dozens of others that may be more suitable for you if you have a budget.
Hope that helps some.

Ice

Hi Ice,

Yes, this helps greatly to understand where I should start looking. I greatly appreciate it! So, we would need to basically use Youtube/Facebook live to then embed that onto our website? Are there any free options or relatively inexpensive versions (that don't require a monthly fee) that we can use to be able to embed on our Wordpress website please?

Many thanks,
DWAM  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 12:22:39 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

the embed code provided by YouTube for your stream will allow you to integrate the video player into your Wordpress site just with a copy and paste.

You can already test by taking any YouTube url and copy/paste it in one of your pages. The video will be presented and usable directly in your website.

So You can just use YT as a streaming platform and display the video on your site, for free and with very easy method.

Guillaume
al4video  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:42:53 PM(UTC)
al4video

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Check with your web provider. You should be able to do it right from your control panel.