logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jstream  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:36:13 AM(UTC)
jstream

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The StreamSpot (streamspot.com) content service provides a unique service to its users. The StreamSync service is focused on churches and synagogues to ensure their services are streamed regardless of whether or not a volunteer is present to set up the cameras and provide power, etc. to the streaming system. It's an automation feature that starts and stops streaming at preprogrammed times without user intervention. At my congregation, where there are only two people who are comfortable with the technology, it puts a lot of demand on our time and keeps us away from our families and friends (our streaming system is in a separate area without visibility into the chapel). StreamSync software is a service that runs on Windows (and within an embedded encoding box called StreamSpot One). I would love to be able to install the StreamSync software on the same PC as vMix. Then, when StreamSpot triggers the StreamSync process to begin streaming, it could start vMix (if it wasn't running) in a service-oriented mode. This mode would set a selected camera into a predefined position and begin streaming. Then, when done, it would shut the service down. StreamSync is already integrated into OBS to some degree. But I like vMix and would love to see it there. Perhaps vMix only needs to provide hooks that allow StreamSync to trigger vMix to do things. Starting vMix in in this mode might run a macro sequence (e.g. play countdown, play intro video, stream, play outro video, exit). Thanks for your consideration.