logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JonnyNoblett  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:18:46 AM(UTC)
JonnyNoblett

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have a series of mp4 videos with unique names based on ids e.g. 179009.mp4

I have a xaml title which is completed with data from a .JSON feed. One of the fields in the feed would produce the value 179009 when the row is selected. Is there a way that once that row is selected it would load the video into the title or scene with that id from the local drive e.g. C:\Videos\179009.mp4

I'm not sure how this can be done. Is there a way through scripting to load the video or maybe change the source of the input? I don't have scripting on my version of vMix but if there is a solution I will upgrade without issue.

This is a similar to the request I made here - https://forums.vmix.com/...aspx?g=posts&t=10667 which I got working but now I want to do it with video files too.

Thanks

Jonny
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:50:12 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Jonny

AFAIK it's not possible to use a video file in a XAML title with Title Designer.

One option could be to use overlays in a dedicated multiview input associating this changing video with the title input.

However adding a video input in vMix may take some time. It is not easy and fast as adding an image on the fly. Pre-loading all these videos in a List input might be better but then your datasource must use indexes to select the good one (not the file name). Not sure...

Guillaume