logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Damn2Good4U  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:58:01 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hello Martin,

Well done for a good job you are doing here...

Is there a way we can move modules around and arrange them as we deem fit for smooth operation? E.g. I could decide to have all my Camera input modules on one side and other layouts like overlays! Ticker modules some where else.

More so, I think it will be nice if we can collapse some modules we do not need all the time on the screen and stack them somewhere while we create space for more important modules. For example a ticker can be collapsed while still running to give room for an image input modules and a talent behind a green screen input module can be collapsed to give room for others since the talent would have been used via a virtual set module or any others.

This is just a suggestion, should anyone have a better option or idea, please add and let us make vMix the best. Thanks.

Regards,
Rottimmy
Bipin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:09:48 AM(UTC)
Bipin

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Martin,
Even i m suffering with same problem,I have many inputs in my Vmix Screen , someone is frequently required transition and someone not more often ,
So i completely agree with Rottimmy that we should have the facility of the mobility for the video inputs so we can minimize(collapse)or expand whenever required.
And secondly i would also like VMIX having Drag and drop feature for the video inputs (Module) so we can adjust it as priority base.

Regards
Bipin
admin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 4:07:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Moving inputs is already supported. Simply drag the preview area of the input on top of another input to move it.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
Bipin on 3/5/2013(UTC)
Bipin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 4:57:42 AM(UTC)
Bipin

Man

Thanks Martin
This is really cool , i was not aware about drag and drop feature , but please do consider about minimizing the inputs ,so we can utilize more space for currently active inputs rather then viewing all.

Regards
Bipin
Grimble  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 10:58:43 AM(UTC)
Grimble

Dragging on the title bar might make sense as well, Martin. It fits with the existing Windows UI approach. And yeah some sort of input management system would be great, maybe input preset groups or quickly selectable grouping of inputs? I'm imagining a list of buttons like "A", "B", etc down the lefthand side of the input area, and either a property or a right click context menu item selecting which group(s) it appears in.
Damn2Good4U  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:00:14 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Grimble wrote:
Dragging on the title bar might make sense as well, Martin. It fits with the existing Windows UI approach. And yeah some sort of input management system would be great, maybe input preset groups or quickly selectable grouping of inputs? I'm imagining a list of buttons like "A", "B", etc down the lefthand side of the input area, and either a property or a right click context menu item selecting which group(s) it appears in.

I totally agreed with @Grimble on dragging, using the Title bar as well...
macjaeger  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:11:50 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Quote:
maybe input preset groups or quickly selectable grouping of inputs? I'm imagining a list of buttons like "A", "B", etc down the lefthand side of the input area, and either a property or a right click context menu item selecting which group(s) it appears in

... or maybe in tabs, like in GrandVJ ? Handling a medium to large number of predefined Inputs is my concern too. In my upcoming project i'm going to have a number of live cameras (of which i need to see a preview at a decent size) and a lot of clips that i need "random" access to. Screen space is going to be a problem...

Another approach (that would work at least for my scenario) would be to discern between live sources and other sources, and to have a part of the screen (or even a secondary screen) for preview of the live sources, while the other sources are reduced in size, e.g. small icons.