logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
grDancer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:35:46 AM(UTC)
grDancer

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've created a few virtual inputs based on a multicam input I had created. But I think that since I deleted the original, they no longer show the thumbnail view in the inputs window. A mild frustration, but is there any way to fix this, other than recreating the original input, and all the virtual inputs? Can you turn a virtual input into an original?

Also - is a virtual input the way to go when you want to duplicate an input (e.g. in order to tweak some settings for a different shot) or is there a different way I should be using?
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 7:41:18 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Probably too late but there is an Undo Button since lest release

http://www.vmix.com/help19/Undo.html

Guillaume
grDancer  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:00:55 AM(UTC)
grDancer

DWAM wrote:
Probably too late but there is an Undo Button since lest release

http://www.vmix.com/help19/Undo.html

Guillaume

Ha, yeah - unfortunately too late. I've got it in a previously saved file, but I can't see any way to copy an input, or is there?
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:07:35 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
but I can't see any way to copy an input, or is there?

I don't think so. Using presets is the best way
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:04:44 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
grDancer wrote:
I've created a few virtual inputs based on a multicam input I had created. But I think that since I deleted the original, they no longer show the thumbnail view in the inputs window. A mild frustration, but is there any way to fix this, other than recreating the original input, and all the virtual inputs? Can you turn a virtual input into an original?

Also - is a virtual input the way to go when you want to duplicate an input (e.g. in order to tweak some settings for a different shot) or is there a different way I should be using?

Short answer is YES!
Depending on the nature of your original Input may determine exactly how you need to proceed, but typically, you can re-input your original Input onto the Virtual Input by using the "Change" feature of that Input's Settings (Cog wheel-> General-> Change Button).

Hope that helps some and answers your question.

Ice
grDancer  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:32:00 AM(UTC)
grDancer

IceStream wrote:
grDancer wrote:

Short answer is YES!
Depending on the nature of your original Input may determine exactly how you need to proceed, but typically, you can re-input your original Input onto the Virtual Input by using the "Change" feature of that Input's Settings (Cog wheel-> General-> Change Button).

Hope that helps some and answers your question.

Ice

Kinda/not really!
So - these "orphan" virtual inputs that now no longer have the thumbnail image in the inputs workspace, there's no way to get the thumbnail back?
IceStream  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 11:56:35 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@grDancer

You are essential creating a new one when you use the "Change" function, which will have its own thumbnail, but you preserve any "MultiView" settings you may have previously set up on the Virtual copy. So in that sense it's not the original thumbnail but if you use the same source again it should be the same.

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
grDancer on 4/12/2017(UTC)
grDancer  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 12:11:27 PM(UTC)
grDancer

IceStream wrote:
@grDancer

You are essential creating a new one when you use the "Change" function, which will have its own thumbnail, but you preserve any "MultiView" settings you may have previously set up on the Virtual copy. So in that sense it's not the original thumbnail but if you use the same source again it should be the same.

Ice

AHA! Thanks. I didn't want to act rashly in case I misunderstood, but yes, I confirm that using the "change" and selecting colour magically recreated the original thumbnail as it was. Thanks a lot!!