logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IceStream  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2017 2:06:34 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
With the increased number of 'Overlay' channels in "MultiView" (to accommodate up to 8 vMixCall's), it is becoming apparent that 4 preset "Zooms" is not sufficient to handle more than 3 callers with one Virtual Set (for example if using the new WSix-Box News set).
I realize there are workarounds (i.e. using duplicate sets), but I was trying to figure out how to use "Shortcuts" with just one set in order to zoom into all 6 boxes individually (as well a "Full" screen, i.e. 7 presets, but 'Shortcuts' Index is limited to 4).
Not sure if it's possible to accommodate additional 'zoom views' within the 'Input', but modifying the interface view might be a request for another day.

Ice
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 4, 2017 4:52:08 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Gregory!

Why don't you use the MoveOverlay (or SetMultiviewOverlay) function to send each speaker to your zoomable area when needed?

IceStream  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 4, 2017 9:46:34 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ DWAM

Well, Guillaume, although quasi workarounds, neither of those functions give the desired effect, namely, zooming into the appropriate 'speaker' box from the Full or wide screen view.
What you suggest is more like 'switcher within switcher' effect (which is something discussed elsewhere) by changing the Overlay Inputs thus accommodating the preset zoom positions Index's 1 through 4.
I have been able to apply workarounds to achieve the desired effect (using virtual copies) but the request is to be able to do it within one set.
For example, if I use "SelectIndex" and custom set the first view of the VirtualSet: "WSix-Box News" to Box 1 of the set (Value->Index-> 1), I can easily "pan-zoom" to that view from anywhere I happen to be in that set (preferably from full view).
I can do the same for the next 3 views and assign them to appropriate 'Overlay' Boxes, but that leaves 2 boxes and the full view unassignable as there is no way (that I am aware of) to custom set additional views.
As stated, I am not sure if the 'VirtualSet' UI can accommodate additional views (another tab perhaps or scroll bar within the Camera tab), but my inclination is to get away from using the mouse anyway and doing it through "Shortcuts", so the UI is less important to me in this regard.
Hope that clarifies the request somewhat.

Ice
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 4, 2017 10:34:27 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
It was perfectly clear to me already, I was only suggesting a workaround which I am sure you had already experimented with. Just in case...

RobLambert  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 6:53:46 PM(UTC)
RobLambert

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I am confused. Please tell me where I can find the "WSix-Box News set".... I am not sure what it is referring to.

thank you very much

rob
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:35:52 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ RobLambert

Go to "Add Input" -> Virtual Set -> and scroll to bottom of available sets in window.

Hope that helps.

Ice
RobLambert  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 3:19:14 PM(UTC)
RobLambert

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thank you, Ice.