logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thecloudmediagroup  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:10:37 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Hello Everyone, another audio sync issue:)

I don't think I saw a topic that had this problem so if there was please forgive me.

I have a client that is having issues with their audio sync after capturing both audio and video through an HDMI capture on a BM Intensity. Sometimes the audio will be fine with no latency with the audio. However sometimes there is a delay of up to 4 or 5 seconds!

My question is that if both the audio and video are coming over the same medium (HDMI) how do the audio and video get out of sync?
dcoffey3296  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:07:14 PM(UTC)
dcoffey3296

Hi,

We're having the same issue here.

We're using Black Magic Quad Card with 2 HD-SDI inputs which carry embedded audio. We output over HD-SDI to a BM decklink Studio card to a Pix240 recorder.

Over the course of a 2 hour test, we had around 11 dropped frames and probably about as much (11 frames) audio drift. The info button said that the drops were due to the source frame rate (for the decklink output, the vmix virtual output claims no dropped frames). All of our sources are from the same 1080p29.97 inputs. Is there anything that we can do to get rid of the drops? If the delay in audio is in fact being caused by the dropped frames is there a way to make the audio and video stay in sync even when the frames are dropped (as in drop the frame of audio as well)?

We just upgraded to the trial of vmix9, we were hoping it would solve this issue. Let me know if I can provide any more info!

Thanks!

Dan
admin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:00:17 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi,

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this issue with certain hardware.
To help me fix this, please install the latest preview version from http://forums.vmix.com.a...=posts&t=751&p=4

Create a recording for however long it takes for the issue to appear, then stop the recording and send us the log file that is created alongside the video.

This log file should help track down the cause.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dcoffey3296  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:59:27 PM(UTC)
dcoffey3296

Hi Martin,

My issue is not with local recording to VMIX, it's actually over the decklink render to SDI which is being recorded to a pix240 video recorder. I am happy to do the experiment for you, but will there be a log file generated if I don't record locally? I am only ouputting via decklink out and vmix virtual camera.

Edit:
I ran a 3 hour test, then pulled the final files into final cut pro to look at how many frames of drift we had:

Output via decklink 1080p29 recording onto pix240 recorder HD-SDI
00:00:00 - no drift
00:45:00 - 3 frames audio lags behind video
01:38:00 - 5 frames audio lags behind video
02:45:00 - 11 frames audio lags behind video

Downloaded file from livestreaming service (new.livestream.com), vmix video is the video source, system mix is the audio source (can't choose vmix audio for "livestream for producers"). This is the file that was recorded on the server:
entire video (3 hours) the file's audio was consistently 5 frames ahead of the video
- is there a way to make "live stream for producers" to recognize the vmix audio as a source? It only sees the system mix and default audio device. I wonder if this would allow to introduce a 6 frame audio delay? Other ideas? So far in playing with the audio delay feature under external output, I've had no luck getting any kind of delay to effect either my SDI output or my virtual vmix cam output.

There were no log files produced that I could see. We also dropped about 6 frames right when we started up (for the decklink output) but then never reported dropping any more frames. let me know if I can recover them somewhere and send them along. And THANK YOU for your help!

Dan