logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichShumaker  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:51:24 PM(UTC)
RichShumaker

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Has anyone bought or used this device with vMix?

http://www.solaborate.com/hello

Thanks.

Rich Shumaker
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:54:47 AM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
My partner and I interviewed the CEO for our podcast a while back.

Have not laid hands on the hardware. As I recall it's tied to their social network. That's an attempt to solve the directory dilemma, but awkward.

I have a Tely 200 in house at present. Similar device. Not used it yet.

I've had a Grandstream GVC3200 since it's launch. Also similar. Nice device. No direct integration with vMix.

I've been suggesting to folks that they consider adding NDI capability as a way of expanding the market for these devices.
RichShumaker  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 4:18:29 PM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
mjgraves wrote:
I've been suggesting to folks that they consider adding NDI capability as a way of expanding the market for these devices.

First VTC to add NDI is the winner, heheh.
That is awesome about interviewing the CEO and I know many VTC are a closed echosystem. Even if they do follow the standard protocols it can sometimes still be hit or miss hooking X to Y. NDI is a system level compatibility similar to H323 that VTC use but controlled by NewTek so it would be far more compatible cross systems and platforms.

vMix HD Basic would be a great VTC standard for a small company using NDI to communicate between locations.
NDI has some type of encryption and is Peer to Peer so it would maintain security integrity better than going through Skype or Google.
Also with vMix you get the ability to share meetings via streaming and also record meetings.

So their is an interesting question for the integrators on the forum, do you recommend or install vMix instead of Polycom or Cisco dedicated units for your smaller clients?

Thanks for the information you have and I had a feeling it might be like that.
P.S. I guess an NDI to H323 Plug in would also be an amazing product to allow VTC calls to dedicated H323 VTC devices.
P.S.S With vMix 19 if you upgrade to HD not the HD Basic you would get 1 person that could call in from anywhere and that would be excellent for small offices.
mjgraves  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:23:05 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
RichShumaker wrote:

So their is an interesting question for the integrators on the forum, do you recommend or install vMix instead of Polycom or Cisco dedicated units for your smaller clients?

I've long thought of myself as an "Early Adapter." That is, I take things and bend them to fit my application. VTC tools into broadcast or streaming, and vice versa.

The issue with straight up VTC is that people expect the simplicity of an appliance and a closed system. This even as they want the flexibility of an open approach.

I do think that vMix Call goes along way to answering the needs of streamers & broadcasters for remote contribution. Too complicated for a typical VTC installation.