logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jaumetorres  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 7:03:12 PM(UTC)
jaumetorres

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Greetings to all fellow members of Vmix, I'm new to this forum, I wish to know if you can work with Wireless Presenter Vmix to advance the pictures of power point. I've tried but I can not, I configured shorcuts commands and I obey. You know if it is possible?

thank you very much

James
h2video.nl  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 5:20:43 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi James,

I do a lot of powerpoint capturing and using a wireless presenter. This is the way to do it:

Set-up a computer or laptop to present and connected to the beamer. You install the special screen-capture drive of VMIX.

Set-up your computer with VMIX to capture the video and the powerpoint (or powerpoint and sound only).

Connect the two computers using a CAT5 or 6 cable. make a local connection (be sure the coputers are in a trusted link so they can see each other).

In VMIX you now have the option to capture the desktop with the powerpoint (TIP: set the resolution of the screen to the PP resolution usually 1024 768).

You can now capture the powerpoint at any framerate and you even have the option to include the mouse cursor (and make this into a pointer) and include powerpoint sound.

Check out the help pages about desktop capturing - it also wortks with apple !!

Good luck,
Greetings
Stefan
thanks 1 user thanked h2video.nl for this useful post.
Adriankey4 on 9/3/2013(UTC)
jaumetorres  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:19:48 PM(UTC)
jaumetorres

h2video.nl wrote:
Hi James,

I do a lot of powerpoint capturing and using a wireless presenter. This is the way to do it:

Set-up a computer or laptop to present and connected to the beamer. You install the special screen-capture drive of VMIX.

Set-up your computer with VMIX to capture the video and the powerpoint (or powerpoint and sound only).

Connect the two computers using a CAT5 or 6 cable. make a local connection (be sure the coputers are in a trusted link so they can see each other).

In VMIX you now have the option to capture the desktop with the powerpoint (TIP: set the resolution of the screen to the PP resolution usually 1024 768).

You can now capture the powerpoint at any framerate and you even have the option to include the mouse cursor (and make this into a pointer) and include powerpoint sound.

Check out the help pages about desktop capturing - it also wortks with apple !!

Good luck,
Greetings
Stefan

Hi Stefan thanks for answering my email. First of all I beg forgiveness for my English which translate from Spanish through a web translator. Stefan know well the screen capture system, the system is perfect using two computers, the first main and connected to a projector and the second, capturing the desktop if they are Lisma computers in home network. But my comment / question refers to only use a computer, you load directly the power point and can be handled by the speaker using a wireles mouse type http://www.logitech.com/...s-presenter-r400?crid=11 at a distance ok?

Stefan know if this is possible? thank you very much
Jaume

thanks 1 user thanked jaumetorres for this useful post.
admin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:37:31 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

If you would like to control the built in PowerPoint in vMix you can create a shortcut in vMix settings for:

Key: PageUp
Function: PreviousPicture

Key: Next
Function: NextPicture

These should match up with the majority of remote controls.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
jaumetorres  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 4:16:30 AM(UTC)
jaumetorres

admin wrote:
Hi,

If you would like to control the built in PowerPoint in vMix you can create a shortcut in vMix settings for:

Key: PageUp
Function: PreviousPicture

Key: Next
Function: NextPicture

These should match up with the majority of remote controls.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

OHH dear Martin! works perfectly I've spent several hours trying to find the key because he sensed that it could be done. I think this system that he can handle the power point it is very good for simple presentations and not have more than one computer.
Fantastico program, Martin a hug and very grateful for your help.

Jaume
h2video.nl  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:49:38 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Jaume.

I will check out this method as well. Could be handy as an overlay with titles and all that.

But just curious: what is your setup and purpose: just recording the powerpoint and sound or do you also mix video. And how do you present the powerpoint. Do you use the VMIX output?

greetings,
Stefan
thanks 1 user thanked h2video.nl for this useful post.
jaumetorres  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:05:53 AM(UTC)
jaumetorres

h2video.nl wrote:
Hi Jaume.

I will check out this method as well. Could be handy as an overlay with titles and all that.

But just curious: what is your setup and purpose: just recording the powerpoint and sound or do you also mix video. And how do you present the powerpoint. Do you use the VMIX output?

greetings,
Stefan

Hello Stefan, the system tells me Martin, works perfectly. This helps me when I have only my computer and I have several power points and videos to go in the session, imagine that I have only one computer and three speakers such that each uses his power point presentation, I'm putting them from control the corresponding emission in the window and in turn your speakers handle the pass rate of the slides, other than for power point I can put the logo of the contest or otherwise capture live video camera. Also besides the above, I have the great advantage of the event to record audio and video in real time from the same computer. Not if you understand my explanation, sorry my English is terrible.

Maybe you still find another utility
Greetings and thanks Stefan
Ramón  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 8:15:33 PM(UTC)
Ramón

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hola jaumetorres,
únicamente quiero poner a tu disposición nuestra experiencia para que, si nos necesitas, puedas contar con nosotros. www.panexsl.com