logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PFBM  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 2:48:24 PM(UTC)
PFBM

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Hi !!

will it be possible someone to create a vMixCall APP for IOS , Android and Windows Mobile ?
also for OSX and WIndows ?

Cheers,

PFBM
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 4:15:41 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
On Windows, OSX & Android you don't need an app. Just use Chrome.

That's the core intent of WebRTC. Leverage the browser. No need to install anything.

iOS is another matter, since WebRTC is not yet supported by Apple. It's reportedly coming. Apple is known to have hired WebRTC developers over the past year.

Many iOS apps leverage WebRTC. A developer You can also use a plugin from a company called Temasys that handles all platforms.

Some people in the WebRTC dev community find using a plugin to support Apple & IE problematic. It's antithetical to the core design principles of WebRTC; nothing to install or configure.
thanks 3 users thanked mjgraves for this useful post.
PFBM on 2/27/2017(UTC), sinc747 on 2/28/2017(UTC), stigaard on 2/28/2017(UTC)
Sojourner  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:18:34 PM(UTC)
Sojourner

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Curious since vMix call is coming on strong and nearly out of Beta, if there is further movement for IOS implementation with WebRTC. Since the Apple implementation time line is not known, seems a Vmix app for this purpose could provide beneficial to the large IOS community. vmix call is a game changer. The importance for Vmix providing for the multitude of IOS users would seem essential. I hope this is at the top of someones list. Thank you for a great product and support.
thanks 1 user thanked Sojourner for this useful post.
PFBM on 3/24/2017(UTC)
Len56  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 9:33:11 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Sojourner wrote:
Curious since vMix call is coming on strong and nearly out of Beta, if there is further movement for IOS implementation with WebRTC. Since the Apple implementation time line is not known, seems a Vmix app for this purpose could provide beneficial to the large IOS community. vmix call is a game changer. The importance for Vmix providing for the multitude of IOS users would seem essential. I hope this is at the top of someones list. Thank you for a great product and support.

Yes I totally agree we do need an app for the IOS community, I use a apple mac, a MacBook pro and a iPad so we def could do with an app from the vMix developers, something like they made for NDI.
thanks 1 user thanked Len56 for this useful post.
PFBM on 3/24/2017(UTC)
mjgraves  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 1:19:53 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Len56 wrote:
Yes I totally agree we do need an app for the IOS community, I use a apple mac, a MacBook pro and a iPad so we def could do with an app from the vMix developers, something like they made for NDI.

Necessity is the mother of invention. If there is truly a need for an iOS app then someone could create one, in just the same way that there are NDI apps.

That said, I just don't see the need. People might like to have such an app, but that's a whole 'nuther matter.

Developing such an iOS app is not trivial, most especially for a Windows shop that does not deal with Apple-isms as a matter of routine.

I would completely understand of the vMix team decided to wait for Apple to act, or a third party to fill the gap.