logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gmartin777  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 2:57:13 AM(UTC)
gmartin777

Groups: Registered

I *love* using the Mevo app to stream to FB and so does everyone else I work with. We want to be able to use the MEVO with vMix OR use a better 4k camera and setup multiple shots and switch tactically from vMix. I can kind of imagine how this would already work, but I want it to be as intuitive as the MEVO.

For what it's worth, it would be a huge coup for vMix to support the Mevo at its much lower price of entry. There's a *lot* of frustration among MEVO owners because they cannot add lower-thirds or intros or such and stream to FB without buying Livestream's Studio Software for almost $800. To put that in context, the camera is $399.00 and we're really not talking about switching between multiple cameras with switcher software because the Mevo people mostly just use the one camera.

I'm not sure if this is too late for vMix 19, but I bet you'd pick up substantial marketshare from Livestream users and I'd certainly *love* that approach to 4k switching in vMix.

Thanks in advance!
sinc747  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 3:05:00 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
According to Mevo, the cam will only stream to the Livestream app or Facebook.

https://help.getmevo.com...e-over-My-Local-Network-

- Tom
DWAM  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 5:21:53 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
You can already do that with (blank) virtual sets for at least 4 or 5 years in vMix. It is maybe not as intuitive as Mevo but it's the same thing basically. And you also have all features of vMix available at the same time (titles, overlays, etc...)
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
SHMD on 2/26/2017(UTC)
SHMD  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:34:42 AM(UTC)
SHMD

Canada

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 31 post(s)
We often do a quick mobile vmix laptop setup with 1 or 2 gopro hero 5 Cameras with external mics
Vmix can do virtual multi camera now, you just need to calculate how much zoom you can use with your 4K inputs.

I feel the only feature vmix needs to add is change the zoom slider to a percentage of the video source size so you know when you are at 100%.

Added a sceen shot of the zoom feature in wirecast 7.x that we use all the time on our mac systems. The sceen shot is a1080p video input for a 432p output stream. So if you never go past 100% your good, also saves all the manual calculations when you change stream output sizes. This also works great when bringing in footage and graphics

-s
SHMD attached the following image(s):
IMG_0267.PNG (35kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Bluecruza  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 12:34:03 AM(UTC)
Bluecruza

+1 The beauty of Mevo is its intuitiveness. If vMix were somehow able to replicate that within virtual input that would just be incredible!
m-garanin  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 7:18:19 AM(UTC)
m-garanin

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I can suggest use RTMP to NDI convertor called RTMPMiniServer. It allows control latency so you can get low latency Mevo--->vMix in local network.