logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gareylui  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 12:34:15 PM(UTC)
gareylui

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I had install the NDI camera app on all my iOS device and found below issue. I am looking for help since I am planning to use this solution in a real job. Below is my environment:

vMix: PC v18, DEMO status
NDI Camera app: install from App store on Feb 22
Network: AP Ubnt AP Pro
iOS device:
iPhone 5s (not work)
iPhone 6(work)
iPhone 7(not work)
iPad Air (work)

iPhone 5s/7 showing a black screen and without audio. The iPhone 6/iPad works great. May I ask your help? Thank you~~~~~!
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 1:16:24 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
gareylui wrote:
iPhone 5s/7 showing a black screen and without audio. .... May I ask your help? Thank you~~~~~!

Is this the NewTek NDI Camera app that you're running? If these two devices work fine with the NewTek NDI Monitor, but not with vMix, then it may be a vMix problem. Otherwise it might be best to post this on the NewTek Forum (in the NDI section). Not all devices seem to work with their camera app, in terms of sending NDI. With the Android version, for example, it doesn't work on my Samsung S4 Mini, even through in theory it has the necessary version of Android to be supported.
thanks 1 user thanked zenvideo for this useful post.
gareylui on 2/22/2017(UTC)
gareylui  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:32:13 PM(UTC)
gareylui

zenvideo wrote:
gareylui wrote:
iPhone 5s/7 showing a black screen and without audio. .... May I ask your help? Thank you~~~~~!

Is this the NewTek NDI Camera app that you're running? If these two devices work fine with the NewTek NDI Monitor, but not with vMix, then it may be a vMix problem. Otherwise it might be best to post this on the NewTek Forum (in the NDI section). Not all devices seem to work with their camera app, in terms of sending NDI. With the Android version, for example, it doesn't work on my Samsung S4 Mini, even through in theory it has the necessary version of Android to be supported.

Thanks man. I check on NDI monitor and found those not working device still not working. So it should be a NewTek problem. I just wonder a company like NewTek providing such professional solution, will not test the software's compatible list before launch............humm. But it still a good app if it can run. I had try many wireless solution from device to PC. NDI camera is the only one providing the latency below 200ms.
livepad  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:26:43 AM(UTC)
livepad

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 32 post(s)
One possible answer is permissions.

In iOS you have to explicitly give permission for a new app to access camera and microphone.

its possible that different states of this permission could explain what you see.

You should delete the app and reinstall it from the store. Pay close attention to messages asking about permission to access....

Then also look through your system settings -> privacy - Microphone and Camera settings.

gareylui wrote:
Hi,

I had install the NDI camera app on all my iOS device and found below issue. I am looking for help since I am planning to use this solution in a real job. Below is my environment:

vMix: PC v18, DEMO status
NDI Camera app: install from App store on Feb 22
Network: AP Ubnt AP Pro
iOS device:
iPhone 5s (not work)
iPhone 6(work)
iPhone 7(not work)
iPad Air (work)

iPhone 5s/7 showing a black screen and without audio. The iPhone 6/iPad works great. May I ask your help? Thank you~~~~~!