logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thepelell  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2013 5:27:22 AM(UTC)
thepelell

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, i have been trying this promising software for a couple of weeks.
My system is win7 pro machine with asus p8z77 board, intel i7, 16Gb ram, nvidia gt 610 graphics and 2 intensity pro cards.
Everything was working up to last week. I tried with 1 composite and 1 hdmi input, mixing both cameras also with video file. Then i tried using composite input on board 1 and hdmi output on board 2. Everything was working, only thing i noticed was if i tried using hdmi output from graphics card as a secondary display full screen, output wouldn't be smooth as with hdmi from intensity card.
Anyway, 2 days ago i also got a avermedia hdtv pci card. I installed it, with software , and the board seemed to work ,until i noticed some artifacts in composite input in vmix.
I then tried inputs from intensity cards and discovered i had no more input. I either got a black screeen or once in a while a monochrome image full of scan lines.
I tried removing avermedia card and software, but haven't been able to get any input back from from intensity cards. Neither with vmix or with Black magic capture. I know this is not vmix related, but was wondering if anybody had any clue. I have a conference next thursday and i need at least 2 analog inputs and a full screen output..
Haven't been using windows since XP, so i am not sure if there is some system check to see where the problem may be...
swsslp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2013 1:14:20 PM(UTC)
swsslp

Make sure your settings are correct under the Black Magic control settings panel.
thepelell  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2013 7:07:54 AM(UTC)
thepelell

settings are correct.. tried many times...
after trying on a different pc, where the cards wulld enter a "update firmware" loop and then not work at all, i managed to get both cards working but only in hdmi.. analog input is rubbish on one card and black screen on other..
also changing pcie slot from on the main board made the second card work or not. These cards are very picky, i think i will try to send them back and get something else because i am not at all happy.... and i definately need composite input...
swsslp  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2013 11:14:01 AM(UTC)
swsslp

Go to the BM web site and you can do composite input, I believe it's 4, 5, and 6.
johnparrack  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2013 5:58:45 PM(UTC)
johnparrack

if image is B@W might be in component mode instead of composite...go to control panel/blackmagic and try changing settings...maybe that your avermedia card has conflicted with some of the drivers, so maybe worth re installing or updating your blackmagic software.

I use both a Blackmagic 3d Express and a Blackmagic Duo in my win 7/10gb ram I7 machine and its been superb so far.
Egriswold  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:36:04 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Two things, First try BM Media Express utility to see if the inputs are working (Make sure the preferences are set to NTSC)
second, if the BM drivers are sensitive. Something as simple as moving a card from one slot to another will cause them not to work even though everything looks okay in your hardware control panel. So you may need to reinstall the drivers.
thepelell  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:43:00 PM(UTC)
thepelell

johnparrack wrote:
if image is B@W might be in component mode instead of composite...go to control panel/blackmagic and try changing settings...maybe that your avermedia card has conflicted with some of the drivers, so maybe worth re installing or updating your blackmagic software.

intensity pro doesn't have a dedicated composite input. To make it work, you set Component as input and only use green cable #8 from harness ( had to look up a video on yt explaining this, as any attemp to make it work using composite from the drop down box would not work). I have had it work a couple of times, but it is just random...
thepelell  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:44:58 PM(UTC)
thepelell

Egriswold wrote:
Two things, First try BM Media Express utility to see if the inputs are working (Make sure the preferences are set to NTSC)
second, if the BM drivers are sensitive. Something as simple as moving a card from one slot to another will cause them not to work even though everything looks okay in your hardware control panel. So you may need to reinstall the drivers.

yes, i always try first with Media express, as i found out that if it doesn't work there, there is no change it will in vmix.
When i changed pci slot, windows would install drivers again as if it had found new hardware. I am using latest software from 21 january from BM site.
Egriswold  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 4:21:52 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
thepelell , true if you swap slots windows will reinstall driver. Trust me this doesn't always workout. Give it a try if you have not already uninstall driver then reinstall.
I have a lot of experience with BMD I am OEM with them and sell turnkey systems. Checkout www.streambreeze.net