logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PopisDad  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2016 10:58:55 AM(UTC)
PopisDad

Groups: Registered

Having had the pleasure of chatting with Martin and Tim during IBC, and finding an IOS app promoting a Newtek Tricaster e-magazine, I was wondering if the time is right to suggest the setting up of a vMix focussed "Supporters Club" and possible linked vMix focussed e-magazine?
I am lucky to be on the fringes of the industry helping to develop and source new products coming out of China, and have identified a number of complementary products that work alongside vMix and could be tested and evaluated by members of such a proposed "Club", and then eventually offered to members at prices substantially lower than from current resellers like Amazon and B&H.
If the group got to be large enough then I am sure these manufacturers, and I'm including vMix here, would be interested in discussing their development plans with the "Club" so as to improve and benefit such R&D work, particularly where it affected overall vMix use and it's development within the wider industry.
Maybe a vMix related "Sales and Wants" section could be included in the mix, along Ebay/Craig's List lines, providing it didn't get too commercial and kept within the original 'not-for-profit' "co-operative" thinking?
I would certainly be interested to hear from other forum members via this thread to see if such an idea could work for the benefit of all!
Do feel free to enlarge on these initial seeds of an idea and let's see what transpires ...

NB: SIG = Special Interest Group
h2video.nl  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2016 3:33:20 PM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
i am interested. could start woth a closed facebook page?
stefan
PopisDad  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:03:34 AM(UTC)
PopisDad

Good idea! Thoughts on a name anyone?
h2video.nl  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 3:34:00 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
popisdad, nice meeting you at ise yesterday,

so lets discuss further how to share and promote vimix, tips and tricks, hardware and productions...

will be in london on 7 and 8 march and have some time on monday 6...

stefan
DWAM  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 5:25:19 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
+1
SpelingMistakes  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 3:04:51 PM(UTC)
SpelingMistakes

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I will try to add my few euros (not cents) to this idea :) - Hope my English is good enough for everybody to understand
How
Most important i will suggest that for the beginning this start like virtual magazine (Pdf or similar) or even something which will have much more multimedia than anything up to now like some magazine with videos which can be played (even Blog which will can be printed from every one into PDF) – In few months idea will develop and all who want to be in “Magazine group” will have clear leads where this can go! For the beginning work can be done under this forum plus rest of available resources (someone mention Facebook) but everyone must think about privacy because our personal accounts are personal and sometime we don’t want to mix up them with our jobs – That can be for communication!

This can become not only tip of the iceberg for advertising but new type of communication because forum has huge limitations in that case! Pdf with lot of multimedia can be very beneficial because in that will be easy to read and to see and in production we can use vMix which will be further promotion of it!

I will suggest several things
Who can be involved?
1. It will be nice to try to involve distributors and its people because this work can be beneficial for them also!
2. Everyone who have knowledge and experience to make something beneficial to this can be in
3. Others who are not mentioned at this moment

People who want in to work on this must be experienced which means must have knowledge about what they want to cover and how they will do that! I think that “magazine” group must be split into at least two groups – Content creation and content support - Sometimes people who use vMix are not professional in using it but doing their job professionally with it and those are very connected things – Someone will create content and explain how he has do that and then support group from vMix creators can create videos to support that content in communication with creators of content – That will be good because not only content will be check but also people from vMix can see it and possibly suggest improvements which be at the end beneficial to both sides and at the real end everything will look great in “magazine” – This can be also good for vMix creators to see possibilities for where and how to upgrade vMix

What to promote – I suppose magazine must contain few next areas
1. Think about transferring some of already (here) existing names of forums to magazine because forum already cover them extensively and there will be covered regularly
2. For new customers - One which is must have is Knowledge + how to – I think few pages must be connected with this
3. For experienced customers – Workflow extensively developed and explained regarding every new “thing”
4. For professionals and distributors - Study cases extensively developed and explained – This is very good for advertising to different kind of industries where lot of us can add our experience and benefits which has been achieved through our work which will be at the end good for further sales and understanding how vMix can cover different tasks

I am Chief Editor and journalist of one small medium with more than 20 years of experience in 2-3 different fields – 3D and computer graphic since 1994, military and defence since 1995 and last but not least important in media production since 2000
Leading specialized public media from 2005 with more than sixty thousands readers and viewers only one Facebook but i don’t think FB is good for this kind of work! Some part of forum will be good enough for beginning because i know that is easy to implement and put some people in there where they can continue to work on developing anything including this idea regarding magazine!

Few things more regarding future regarding expenses and possibly support for this project
• Creating few good editions “magazine” group can start selling advertisings to everybody in it which will cover possible expenses!
• After few high-quality editions of magazine resellers and other will see is it beneficial to them because it can be used from them to be send to all customers which will lead to some kind of support for magazine where resellers of vMix will be in better position than rest of advertisers!
• Working good on study cases and covering different kind of industries can be one of best thing for future of project regarding developing new markets and improving sales of vMix like important target
I hope i have helped with all this my story