logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NordicSound  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:26:09 PM(UTC)
NordicSound

Groups: Registered

Hello everybody,

I have a problem or question, I select a video or an audio file in order to preview it and when I hit the play button and the audio button to hear the audio of the video or the audio of the audio file I hear it in the master channel, but I want only to preview the audio, the same as you can preview the video, is it possibly?

If not could be an interesting idea, and also to can play a background audio file while playing only the image of a video, but no doing it without preview the audio, as I said.

One more thing in a mixer that could be interesting, the possibility of to switch the audio of the preview by the headphones while audio still sounds in the preview or in the master, like the Mixxx software do.

I like your program very much, i'm testing it now, thanks for your help.

Greetings.
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:32:19 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4145 time(s) in 1490 post(s)
Hi,

As you have pointed out, there is no way to preview the audio without it going in to the main mix at the moment.
The best approach would be to test all audio inputs before going live or alternatively rely on the audio meters for the correct audio levels.

As for your second suggestion, you can already set some audio as a background track without previewing it, simply enable the audio input in the mixer and
disable the "automatic audio mixing" option (the icon with the two arrows) so that it stays running regardless of what input is active.

Regards,

Martin
vMix