logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DWAM  
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:20:32 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Groups: Registered
Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
Second, and more importantly, there is a HUGE delay.

I told about it in my very first answer...

Besides if you decided to transcode your UDP into RTSP instead of using NDI as I suggested twice before, you are increasing latency and you can only reduce latency a little by setting up cache to 0 ms in VLC but at the expense of artefacts and signal loss. Even so, you'd still have 3 sec latency at best.

Eliot Hochberg  
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:44:22 PM(UTC)
Eliot Hochberg

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I get that you know a lot, and that I don't.

But going through this process and actually seeing how it works is important. And now, I might alter the delay and see if it helps and can work. Maybe it will.

It's useful info for me to have, and given that I am testing this, and will be asked if I tried it, if I just stopped because you said so, then I would be sent back to try it.

In any case, you did give me the info I needed. So thanks.

P.S.

for anyone thinking about doing this, note also that I have left the stream running for an hour or so now, and even with the buffer delay, its starting to tear pretty badly. And that on what is just the camera looking at the same thing all of the time. If I move the camera: whoo! it tears A LOT.
IceStream  
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 5:45:26 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Eliot Hochberg

Your efforts and discoveries are most welcome, especially for those of us who are less technically inclined, that's not to say that the input from those members who are more experienced in these matters is not valuable, they certainly have the right to say "I told you so", but sometimes you just gotta see it for yourself and I think their patience in all this is commendable, I think that's why I love this community, we all want to help one another in whatever way we can.
Keep us all posted as to how it all turns out in the end and what you learn along the way.

Ice
Eliot Hochberg  
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:33:10 PM(UTC)
Eliot Hochberg

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yeah, given that there's just about nothing online about this feature for the Canon camera crowd, that alone will be helpful for them.

I think I have the info I need to build the system I want, and all for under $3K! (I already have the cameras), so it's going to be awesome!